Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lug bolt covers from VW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BigDBass

Hi,
I've read that the black plastic lug bolt covers for VW bugs will work for 914s.
What years/models VW covers will fit? Or what size? Most of the ones I've found are 19mm, but my lug bolts (for Mahles) are 38mm.
SLITS
Don't remember, but I think they are 17 mm. Stock lug bolts for steel wheels on a 914 and later model bugs.

I could go measure one, but.....................
TROJANMAN
stock lug head size on a 914 are 19mm (fuch, mahle, steel)
most vdubs are 17mm
i have vdub bolts in my 914 that are 17mm smile.gif

the 38mm you refer to on your mahles should be the length, not the head size wink.gif
BigDBass
Thanks.
I tracked down some universal 19mm black lug caps so let's hope they work out. Much cheaper compared to $3 each from performanceproducts.
hmeeder
I think the covers from the '75-ish superbeetle fit.
BigDBass
I tried "19MM Universal Black Lug Caps" (C16-111-1005-BK) and while they fit onto the lugs, they don't seat fully. I'll keep looking.
BigDBass
Next I shall try "LUG NUT CAPS, SPORT, BUG 75-79" biggrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
Stoddards has them inexpensively if you buy a whole set.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jun 20 2006, 09:13 AM) *

stock lug head size on a 914 are 19mm (fuch, mahle, steel)
most vdubs are 17mm
i have vdub bolts in my 914 that are 17mm smile.gif

the 38mm you refer to on your mahles should be the length, not the head size wink.gif

All air cooled VWs had 19mm wrench size lug bolt heads, and all Vanagons did, too. Most water cooled VWs use the 17mm wrench size. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.