Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RSS Feed for Classifieds
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Part Pricer

Thanks to the admins for setting this up. However, the subforums (where all of the items for sale are located) are not included in the feed. I just have the same two items constanty scrolling across the bottom of my screen.

Please add more feeds. Thanks.
Brad Roberts
I corrected it before you posted. It will update in 5 minutes.

Brad Roberts
Tell me what feeds you think would be "good"

I value your professional opinion.

B
Aaron Cox
how about telling a tard like me how to hook this up on my outlook
Part Pricer
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 20 2006, 06:11 PM) *

Tell me what feeds you think would be "good"

I value your professional opinion.

B

I believe that for right now the Classifieds should cover it. The other forums really don't lend themselves to it. In the Classifieds, the posters have learned to be very descriptive in their topic titles. I can watch them scroll across the top of my browser and only click on the ones that interest me. It's kinda like watching the stock market.

echocanyons
My email (not outlook) is not liking this feed link

this is the correct feed link right?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=rssout&id=1
Brad Roberts
That is the correct feed link.

Let me fine tune this thing. Give me a minute.

B
olav

Great job Brad.

I think forums would be cool in that only the newest replies to threads be included so when you click through you're going to a particular thread reply also that way you don't have to subscribe to every thread and unsubcribe when the thread dies.

In summary the list would be made up of items in the Garage which would be the latest repliies to threads.
Allan
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 20 2006, 03:12 PM) *

a tard like me

av-943.gif
Brad Roberts
Olav,

I dont think I have that much control over the RSS feed. It is very generic in design.

I'll poke around on it.

B
Gustl
what the heck is RSS confused24.gif
Brad Roberts
Gustl,

the easiest way to describe it: AP wire you know.. how the news people and TV stations get their news?

The site sends out a "live feed" much like a TV program on cable. This feed can be viewed in your email client (see my screen shot above)

Instead of visiting the site and watching the main forum or classifieds you "view" in a feed..typically in your email client.

It's just another way to "get" the clubsite. It comes in as "headers" you can clikc through if you want to read something.

B
Gustl
did I get this right - RSS is like tracking a topic, but with the advantage of getting the full post as a mail?

sounds interesting ...

I guess I'll try it idea.gif

many thanks!

wavey.gif Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.