Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Serial Number Areas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Does the 914-6 have the serial number stamped in the trunk compartment.I just got one. The serial number is on the passenger frt wheel well/Frt trunk data plate/Drivers door jamb sticker,But in the rear trunk Floor Pan, in the center near the trunk latch area is a stamped Number 955,Its not even close to the serial number,Thanks for all the help !!!
brant
Early cars (maybe late too?) had a chassis number stamped into the rear trunk.

it never matches the serial number. Its more of a build date chassis number.

most cars have them rusted off and inlegible.. good that yours is not.

I'm not certain, but assume the cardex on your car from PCA would show that your chassis and serial number are matching and thus authentic.

brant
davep
I can certainly help in this case, and have a lot of this info in my database. First I need the VIN, then I can help you work out the rest of it.
olav
QUOTE(davep @ Jun 20 2006, 04:08 PM) *

I can certainly help in this case, and have a lot of this info in my database. First I need the VIN, then I can help you work out the rest of it.

I can certainly help too but with no strings attached.

beer3.gif
QUOTE(davep @ Jun 20 2006, 04:08 PM) *

Dave,
Personal message sent...
Thanks For The Help,914
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.