Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: miss at idle, do's and don'ts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crash914
I have a rolling idle, ie. about 1200 rpm, then drops down to 600 then up to 1200..etc...

I don't know where the air leak is, so I am trying to find it. No carb cleaner in the cabinet so grab a can of brake clean and spray it around on the hoses....

I am amazed at the fireball you can get from the dizzy when you spray brake clean on it...oh yes looked at the can, very flammable....go figure....

I still have not found my air leak....AAR is closed, idle screw all the way in. my O2 meter goes lean when the idle drops. Fuel issue? pressure is rock solid. I did drop the pressure during troubleshooting to see what happened, nothing. although with about 25 lbs, I am now getting a miss at 6000 rpm. TPS? my AFR is still around 13.6 or so

Throttle body is tight, vacuum hoses are new and tight....???where to look next??

:howdy: confused24.gif
r_towle
sounds like a cracked distributor cap.....

Put you hand all around the dissy when it is running, touch everything, if you get shocked it will not kill you, it will hurt...

I have had this issue on other cars that the dist, cap was cracked and it would not give me a shock, so try another one if you have a good spare.

discconect your Aux Air Valve, plug the line, disconnect your advance and retard lines from the Dist, plug them.

If it still keeps up, disconnect the decel valve, plug it

If it keeps up, you need to look at all the little rubber boots connecting all the vaccuum lines.

I would recommend that you go to your local foreign autoparts store (foreign autoparts in nashua) or whatever is close and get all NEW METRIC vaccuum lines, and go to pelican parts and get all new rubber connectors, replace them all.

this was the only way I got rid of my mystery.
I would be happy to show you my old lines and connectors and bet you cannot find the problem visually with any of the old parts, but it fixed my idle issues.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.