Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: speedo angle drive removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lotus_65
i have to fix the stripped bolt to the angle drive and i need to remove that assembly.

what's the trick?

paul
SLITS
Uhhhhh, the angle drive unthreads from the speedo drive unit.

The speedo drive unit is held in the tranny with a single locking bolt....once it is removed the drive sleeve will come out....I usually use a pair of channel locks and work it back and forth while pulling.

One caution...Jack the ass end of the tranny high or drain it before you remove the speedo drive.
Allan
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 20 2006, 04:19 PM) *

One caution...Jack the ass end of the tranny high or drain it before you remove the speedo drive.

agree.gif Make sure the ass end is in the air or......... blink.gif
lotus_65
yea, i got that byotch up as high as i can !

i just filled it with swepco (then drained some so it wouldn't douse me...) yea, i should have checked the bolt first!

i have been pulling on the sleeve w/ a vise grip, but i'm just marring the sleeve. is it the o-ring that is tight, or the gear meshing, or both?

thanks
SLITS
"O" ring is what's really tight....rotate it while you pull and see if that helps.
Allan
Are you twisting it?

If it's been there awhile you need to break it loose. Don't just hork on it and try to pull it straight out, use a back and forth motion...

Ron, quit freakin answering before me, jeez...
SLITS
????? hork ??????.....been into the cassadores a little early today?
lotus_65
yes, i'm twisting. i don't think it's been there too long, i'm replacing the p.o's helicoil fuch job. we'll see whe i get her out.

i'll keep twisting and pulling. thanks again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.