Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Palo Alto Concours at Stanford
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
carreraguy
I'm going this Sunday but without a car - first time in about 5 years.

http://www.paconcours.com/
olav
I'll be going. I'll have my car in the corral though.
Pat Garvey
From 2500 miles away - & that's a lot on the road, wish I could be there, wish I could compete, wish I could see all The "california girls".

Maybe next year - more realistically - 2008!

Enjoy yourselves & send phots!
olav
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 23 2006, 06:02 PM) *

From 2500 miles away - & that's a lot on the road, wish I could be there, wish I could compete, wish I could see all The "california girls".

I'll post some pics! smile.gif
carreraguy
QUOTE(olav @ Jun 23 2006, 07:15 PM) *

Hey Olav - its going to be a hot one! Bring plenty of water unless you want to pay $2.50 for a small bottle!
carreraguy
QUOTE(olav @ Jun 23 2006, 07:15 PM) *

Hey Olav - its going to be a hot one! Bring plenty of water unless you want to pay $3.00 or more for a small bottle!
McMark
Watch out water prices are rising. lol2.gif
carreraguy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 24 2006, 12:51 AM) *

Watch out water prices are rising. lol2.gif

That's for damn sure Mark! I gallon of fancy bottled water costs more than a gallon of gas! biggrin.gif
McMark
Funny how pertinent this thread is. Nob Hill (local store) had a sale on water, $1 per gallon. I bought 6. biggrin.gif
carreraguy
Attached are a few pics.
I was surprised to see that they changed their classes this year - nothing after 1978 and they eliminated Porsche 356 and 911 classees (and many other classes) altogether; i.e. the categories Porsches could compete in were "Sports Cars 1956-1978 Under $5000" and "Sports Cars 1956-1978 Over $5000". Not more than 10 cars in each category. Lots of very nice older cars and some nice race cars, but the emphasis was definitely on old American and muscle cars. No 914's were judged. Olav brought his very nice 914/6 for display and Ken Brown's 1966 912 got a Second in his class. The only other Porsches entered for judging were a 356 and a 911S and neither got an award; quite a change from last year's event and not a positive change in my opinion. Pics of Ken's and Olav's cars follows; system won't allow more than 2 of this size will post more later.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.