Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I crashed my beautiful car 73 914 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hooge73914
I just rolled my 73 914 2.0L that was in perfect condtion. Now it is wrecked and I want to kill myself. There was almost no rust except by the battery and stuff, the engine was rebuilt in 94, then in 2000 all the seal were replaced, 5 alloy fusch wheels, newer bilstein rear suspension, brand new solex carbs, almost perfect paint job (red). Front and rear sway bars that came stock. It was pretty much perfect. Oh it has about 170,00 miles. Now I am wondering how much I should ask from the insurance company. So far they are at $7500 , but I havent brought them any receipts or anything. I am not quite sure how much to ask but from what I have found I am thinking about $8000. That is in Canadian dollars. Should I ask more or less?

Thanks, and yes I feel dumb so get mad if you need.

Micah
dead horse.gif
Duffster
Hey Micah... I hope you are OK... The car stuff is a PITA but YOU can't be fixed with a welder and a few new parts. And don't even ask about the cost of a new tub for yourself. Get the biggest chunk of cash that you can from the Ins. Co. They certainly do from you- it's just a business transaction and you need to do the best you can for yourself. Everybody here has had a few "Doh!!!" moments. Don't beat yourself up, man.
john grier
QUOTE(Duffster @ Jun 20 2006, 05:36 PM) *

Hey Micah... I hope you are OK... The car stuff is a PITA but YOU can't be fixed with a welder and a few new parts. And don't even ask about the cost of a new tub for yourself. Get the biggest chunk of cash that you can from the Ins. Co. They certainly do from you- it's just a business transaction and you need to do the best you can for yourself. Everybody here has had a few "Doh!!!" moments. Don't beat yourself up, man.

Hey Micah,
I went through that 9 years ago.
I had reciepts and pic's
And I won.
but i lost the perfect 914
Well anyway, in mho the money seems right
But, and I do mean But
Make sure that you get the 914 back at a cheap price.
Even wrecked the parts are a fortune.
John
And oh my battery area was perfect
mstein95
agree.gif
Bummer man. Glad to hear you're OK.
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
welcome.png
tracks914
Glad you are Ok. Post some pix of the car and we can give it a better price. Mine is appraised and insured for $17,000 CAN. That's what I will get if it's totalled. It's hard but not impossible to have it appraised after the wreck.
BTW were are you located and do you want to sell off the rest of the car? Dibbs. biggrin.gif
type47fan
. . . .we need a vulture smilie. . . .
Flat VW
sad.gif
rmital
just finished going thru this process. I was an insurance company's nightmare. I had every receit since day one with the car.

I ended up getting just about every dime I put into it. About $9,500...then bought my damaged car back for $360. Then took the high road and bought a West Coast 914.

...hope your okay...and things work out. PM me if you want more details.
echocanyons
welcome.png

I feel your pain, it definitely takes time and patience to deal with your insurance.

Glad you are OK
iamchappy
How did you roll it, I though these cars just spun.
Allan
You're not making this up right?

If not, I'm really glad you're okay.

The car is secondary...
iamchappy
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jun 20 2006, 06:35 PM) *

How did you roll it, I though these cars just spun.

tracks914
QUOTE(type47fan @ Jun 20 2006, 06:24 PM) *

. . . .we need a vulture smilie. . . .

Easy for you to say down there in sunny CA. You have 90% of all the 914's left in North America.
sad.gif

How about this smile. happy11.gif
GWN7
QUOTE(hooge73914 @ Jun 20 2006, 06:29 PM) *

I just rolled my 73 914 2.0L that was in perfect condtion. Now it is wrecked and I want to kill myself. There was almost no rust except by the battery and stuff, the engine was rebuilt in 94, then in 2000 all the seal were replaced, 5 alloy fusch wheels, newer bilstein rear suspension, brand new solex carbs, almost perfect paint job (red). Front and rear sway bars that came stock. It was pretty much perfect. Oh it has about 170,00 miles. Now I am wondering how much I should ask from the insurance company. So far they are at $7500 , but I havent brought them any receipts or anything. I am not quite sure how much to ask but from what I have found I am thinking about $8000. That is in Canadian dollars. Should I ask more or less?

Micah
dead horse.gif

Micah,

you don't say where your from, but if you check the buy & sell there was 4 914's listed from $8,000 to $14,000 last week. Copy those ads and give them to your adjuster. It will help them figure out the market value of the car.

P.S. if your not out West don't forget to add the freight to ship it East wink.gif
hooge73914
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Jun 20 2006, 07:21 PM) *

Glad you are Ok. Post some pix of the car and we can give it a better price. Mine is appraised and insured for $17,000 CAN. That's what I will get if it's totalled. It's hard but not impossible to have it appraised after the wreck.
BTW were are you located and do you want to sell off the rest of the car? Dibbs. biggrin.gif

I live up in Canada, in Chilliwack BC. I was going to put some photos on here but it is easier if I just put them on my email so I will give you a link. And I rolled my car cause I lost control and rolled off the edge the road down into a ditch, after hitting a sign post. I had my roof off and both windows down. So when I rolled my head hit the ground but somehow I only got a few little scrapes on my arm and a bruise or two on my head. I screwed up my neck too but I was just playing some touch football and someone hit me and my neck cracked. Then when I woke up the next morning it felt much better. Now it feels like nothing happened. Its been like 5 days now and I feel lucky to be alive cause there are many things that could have gone wrong. I will be getting some more pics of it soon I just have to get a hold of my friend who had a camera on the scene.

I will also look into buying it back so I can sell the parts to whoever wants them. There is still a lot the parts that are in good condition, like the engine. The car doesnt look very damage in the pics but the frame is bent and every body panel is smooshed in some way. If anyone wants more info you can email me or post a message.

thanks
Micah

Livingwater1234@hotmail.com

http://livingwater1234micah.spaces.msn.com/
Hybrid_Teener
there's a guy in s'toon on canadatrader.ca that wants $8k for his pretty good looking 1.7 (I don't like the color, but hey.) You should be able to get more..

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detaili...16&pgno=1&srt=1

there's the link to that one.. and then, well, the 73 2.0 is worth a bit more 'cause it's the one everyone wants (aside from the LE and the /6)
GWN7
here is one in BC (there were 2 others listed last week 11K & 9K)

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/British...Coupe_2_0L.aspx

the other cars listed last week were in Calgary & Edmonton...........

Here's another in the autotrader...

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detaili...88&pgno=1&srt=1

Grande Prairie
pete-stevers
micah you are tenty minutes from me....i am an abby guy
let me know how i can help...
steve peters
ConeDodger
QUOTE(hooge73914 @ Jun 20 2006, 06:29 PM) *

Micah
dead horse.gif

micah,

show them the November 2005 issue of Excellence. It lists the value closer to 9800.00 US if I recall correctly.

Rob
bob91403
First, glad you're OK. Lucky thing, playing football with a chiropracter. laugh.gif Why don't you find yourself a nice rust free roller, and transfer everything to the new body? driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.