Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: center console wiring in all factory harnesses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
arc914
hey hey
I bought a used centre console and i thought i read somewhere that all harnesses had the connectors pre-wired incase you wanted this option. well i wanted this option but on a quick review of the underside of my dash and the floor wiring i found nada.
is this true or am i searchung for sometin that is not there?
i have a 73 914-4
help a brotha out with your knowledge
andrw in the Soo WTF.gif
SirAndy
the extra wiring was added in '73, but i'm not sure if that is correct for all cars of that year.
if yours is an early '73, there's a good chance it doesn't have the wires ...

look for a bundle of connectors on top of the center tunnel, under the carpet, right next to the shifter, pass. side ...

smile.gif Andy
tracks914
I agree with Andy, My early 73 doesn't have the wiring and neither did my 72 but it was easy to install. The hardest part was getting the temp sender and taco plate for the underside of the engine.
For the rest you just need a constant "hot" wire for the clock, an ignition "hot" wire for the voltmeter and tap off that same hot wire to go through the temp guage and continue on back to the temp sender unit under the engine. The brown wires all go to ground and the last wires are for the lights. They can be hooked to the dash lights.
Not a big deal at all.
SLITS
Did your center console come with the wiring harness on it?
arc914
ok so i need to look by the shifter around by the pass side right.if it is not there then mine is to early a 73.my vin is 4732900560 is that an early run? my door jamb sticker was burned off when trying to remove it for paint.
do you know where i can get another made with the correct info?
andrew in the Soo
arc914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 20 2006, 06:34 PM) *

Did your center console come with the wiring harness on it?

Yes complete and ready to go.
SLITS
Cool, you're 80% home. In defference to Sur Ahandie, the flat plastic connectors are between the shift lever and the heater lever. If they are there, the wire colors will match the harness on your center(e) console.

If the connectors (look somewhat like headlight connectors) are not there, you will have to wire in the hot leads and grounds.
wilchek
check this out it is all u need to know http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...ter_console.htm
. You will also need differnt heat lever and armrest to make it complete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.