Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A different approach to the rotisserie
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I like it.
1bad914
I also like it. Very easy to use and make!
maf914
How wide does the garage have to be to roll it over one full revolution? Approximately four car widths? idea.gif

Someone needs to cross-post this to the Cayman board! laugh.gif
Eric_Shea
Most Excellent Ted smoke.gif
URY914
Drill some holes in the very corners of the interior and through bolt the steel onto the car. Easy really.
jonwatts
I could also see making one big or two small "cradles" with wheels that this thing could roll into making it easier to reposition.
Cap'n Krusty
There's actually a lift that operates this way, and doesn't require much more floor space than the car itself. I don't believe it allows the operator to turn the car 360 degrees, though. The Cap'n
TonyAKAVW
Thats not a rotisserie, thats the beginnings of an external roll cage.

-Tony
Root_Werks
Cool!
jd74914
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Jun 21 2006, 12:40 PM) *

-Tony

Headgear biggrin.gif I saw a dodge colt with an external roll cage once blink.gif
blitZ
Pretty clever, just make sure you don't roll it down your driveway.
highways
It could also be used as a daily parking device for daily drivers to help prevent battery acid from dripping into the hellhole. burnout.gif
maf914
That would make parallel parking easy. laugh.gif
turboman808
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Jun 21 2006, 08:40 AM) *

-Tony

I was in Romania watching some sort of autox/off road thing a few years ago. They all had Dacias with the roll cages on the outside of the cars. Looked weird
bottomend
Briliant.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.