Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sunday Suspension Party. June 25th, 10:00am
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eeyore
Sunday Suspension Party. June 25th, 10:00am

Following up on a previous thread, Sun Diego day at Mark G's who is still up for some Sunday greasiness?

What I hope to get done:

Remove 4-lug suspension from the front.

Assemble front 5-lug suspension -- install new races/bearings in hubs, bolt new rotors onto hubs, swap ball joints, install brakes

Drill tap rear trailing arms for zerk fittings. Bolt up trailing arms. Install brakes.

Remove proportioning valve, install 'T'.

Bleed brakes

PM or email (markg@mosaic.com) for address, directions, phone # etc.

I hope you all like beef. If not, I'll throw on some chicken too.

Thanks all!
-Mark
cbenitah
I'll be there...
Brad Roberts
I'm in.

I need to figure out what parts we might need so I can get them ordered tomorrow.

B
Brad Roberts
I may want to do a Poly Bronze install that day also on the Grey car depending on how far we get on your car Mark.

This stuff should go very quickly.

B
cbenitah
I could wax the yellow /6 or something laugh.gif Or maybe just watch and learn..
eeyore
Brad,

PolyBronze on front, rear, or both?

I have many spare sets of front bushing carriers and front a-arms. Want me to sandblast and paint some sets? You'll need epoxy to install the steel races on the front. I do have the 8mmx.75 (?) tap and drill for zerk fittings on the rear.
DonTraver
I'm planning on being there. I'd like to see those bushing too.

See ya, Don
Dr Evil
headbang.gif Damnit, why do I have to live 3000 miles away now dry.gif

take lots of pics biggrin.gif

Hey Mark, did my bike get picked up?
hmeeder
I'll be there for a while, but I won't be able to do the full day.

It's my anniversary and I'm thinking I won't be able to pull that one off!
Brad Roberts
We *may* get a special guest!!

Ira may stop by. I ordered a set of rear poly bronze from him for the Grey car and he is going to "check" his schedule for Sunday and hand delived them if he can show up!! Yeah!!

No need on the fronts Mark. This is a friend of mines car. We have some other pressing issues right now before I do the fronts.

This will be fun!

B
eeyore
I measured the copper washer for the front brake banjo bolt. 12mm ID, 16mm OD.

I guess I need brake fluid if I want the brakes bled. What was that fancy stuff that was 1/2 price of ATE Super Blue? MindOver carried it.
Brad Roberts
Pentosin is the new fluid.

B
Allan
I'm gonna be in San Diego Sunday morning.

Want me to bring "Dad" with me? happy11.gif
eeyore
Two questions.

A) Anybody have a torque multiplier and a socket big enough for rear hub castle nuts?

2) Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Sam Adams?
Allan
QUOTE(Cloudbuster @ Jun 22 2006, 03:21 PM) *

Two questions.

A) Anybody have a torque multiplier and a socket big enough for rear hub castle nuts?

As a matter of fact I just brought one home from my office. I was gonna try and use it to get the rear axle nuts off as well.

I'll try to swing by Sunday if the "Boss" is willing.

PM me your phone # and I'll give you a call when we get down there. We are staying in Escondido and I'll bring it with me. If it doesn't look like I can make it to your place you can borrow it if it's not too far from you.
Allan
Just wanted to let everybody know that a torque multiplier is the tool to have.

Just went out and in less than 5 minutes I had both rear nuts loose.
Brad Roberts
Sierra Nevada Mark!!

hmeeder
Mark;

I have the 30mm deep socket for the rear hub nut. A breaker bar and piece of pipe will do the trick also. Torque mulitplier me no havee.

I'll be passing on the beer, but I'd say that Sierra is the better beer.
bottomend
Man, I wish this wan't happening all the way down in SD. I'd come otherwise. I'd LOVE to learn how all the susp. stuff goes togather...

oh well, have fun and get greasy!
eeyore
I'm about 5 hours late on this but...

icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.