Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pinstriping some old wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kdfoust
I dug an old set of Mahles out of the storage bin a couple of days ago to mount a new set of V710. The wheels were unfinished, no paint no nothing. I just couldn't picture put'in 'em on the car like that -- even for AXing. I had a couple of cans of Rustoleum flat black black and a roller pin stripper handy. I decided that all three things would go together pretty well.

A buddy of mine says "dude, that's totally NASCAR."

I say f-it: flat black, red pinstripe looks....cool.
happy11.gif

later,
Kevin

kdfoust
The tools...
Qarl
That looks jizztastic!
Gint
I kinda like it.
Borderline
I think I like it! let's see them on the car! clap56.gif
type47fan
Kevin, you just might be on to something here. Looks good!
brer
I told Al Reed that i wanted a red pinstripe on the inside of the lip of my 6" fuchs, right were the black meets the anodizing... and he looked at me like i just kicked his dog. ohmy.gif

or maybe just stepped on its tail. smile.gif
STL914
Old school or not, I like that look! clap56.gif
Joe Ricard
It's cool.
so how do you squeeze V710's on a 5.5" rim? Bet the tire guy tells you to not EVER bring those back.

one word: LOTSALUBE
maf914
I like the look.

If possible show us a photo with the tires mounted on the car. I'd like to see if the black wheel still looks in proportion.

A couple of years ago at Road Atlanta I saw a late model 911 that was red with all the body trim also red. It had 18" Speedline wheels which were were semi-gloss black with a red pinstripe on the rim. Very nice looking.
Aaron Cox
that is very "ratrod"...

i like it kevin!
jr91472
I like it. I have been considering doing something simular once I found a set of a/x wheels. To me the black wheels with black tires gives it a tough, purpose-built look. Perfect for racing!!!!
kdfoust
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jun 22 2006, 05:04 AM) *

It's cool.
so how do you squeeze V710's on a 5.5" rim? Bet the tire guy tells you to not EVER bring those back.

one word: LOTSALUBE

Me write check.
Big guy squeeze tire.
No problem.

Later,
Kevin
kdfoust
QUOTE(maf914 @ Jun 22 2006, 05:51 AM) *

I like the look.

If possible show us a photo with the tires mounted on the car. I'd like to see if the black wheel still looks in proportion.

A couple of years ago at Road Atlanta I saw a late model 911 that was red with all the body trim also red. It had 18" Speedline wheels which were were semi-gloss black with a red pinstripe on the rim. Very nice looking.

I'll be putting them on the car either Saturday or Sunday. I'll shot some digipix when I do. Hopefully the tire guy won't booger 'em up too much.

Later,
Kevin
kdfoust
Here's the end result. I need to black out the bearing cap and axle nut but I like 'em. It's definately rat rod...

Later,
Kevin

Ignore the ride height here. I was test fitting some new shocks.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
kdfoust
Last one. Pile of meats ready to go.
McMark
AWESOME! clap56.gif smiley_notworthy.gif drooley.gif
Elliot_Cannon
I like it. I bought a pin striping tool last year and haven't used it yet. Maybe I'll try it on Aarons car.

Elliot
KaptKaos
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif

I so do like that look. thumb3d.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 25 2006, 09:01 PM) *

I like it. I bought a pin striping tool last year and haven't used it yet. Maybe I'll try it on Aarons car.

Elliot

you can soooo do that to my cookie cutter wheels smile.gif
Allan
Nice!!!

I really like the look...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.