Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what would a stock FI set up cost me?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ratt
Ok, the PO put dual carbs on ym 914, and I dont want them. I want the FI set up back. What is the average going price for a compleate repalcement fi system? Or would it be cheaper just to go Megasquirt?
Thanks
Andy Rattley
sj914
If you go Megasquirt, you would still have to get an FI manifold, injectors, and the other sensors needed to make it work. If you check on Ebay, I have seen people selling their stock FI systems. As far as price, it depends on if you want new or used or rebuilt. What motor do you have.
McMark
Just be ready to spend quite a bit of time and money getting the FI to run nice. Or take the car to a competent shop for diagnostics. If you really want to get a nice FI setup on the cheaper side, be patient and buy known good parts bit by bit until you have all the pieces. That way you know things will run relatively well.

Some small things to buy new would be:
  • Injector Seals
  • Cold Start Injector Gasket
  • Intake Runner Boots (or fake ones if you can't get em)
  • Intake Manifold Gaskets
  • All New Vacuum Line
  • All New Fuel Line
Things you should buy new if you've got the spare change:
  • Throttle Position Sensor
  • Trigger Points
The part that you can buy used without much thought are:
  • Intake Runners
  • Intake Plenum
  • Wiring Harness (if you don't wanna splurge for a rebuilt harness)
  • ECU (brain)
  • Thermo-Time Switch
  • Cold Start Injector
  • Air Filter Box
And finally, things you need to buy used, but need to be careful about:
  • MPS
  • Auxiliary Air Regulator
  • Fuel Injectors
I'm sure there are some things I'm forgetting, but that's a fairly complete list. Make sure to reference P. Anders site about matching part numbers so everything works together.
ChrisReale
What engine do yo have? 1.7, 1.8, or 2.0 That will determine the difference. 1.7's go cheap.
Bleyseng
I have a 1.7 set up you can have!
Missing the ECU, MPS and the wiring harness needs to go to Jeff Bowlsby for repair. I do have a good 049 1.7 Mps that I could sell you.

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.