Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: July 1st, Whiskey Cafe Car Show/Meet, Lyndhurst NJ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
i love porsche
ok..ive talked about this in 3 or 4 different threads..now ill make it one..
date: july 1st
time:5pm-whenever
place:whiskey cafe in lyndhurst
http://www.whiskeycafe.com/Car_Shows/Satur...ay_classic.html

there are lots of nice cars here all the time, good american muscle and lots of oddities, it should be lots of fun,

im definetly in for meeting up, who else?
type11969
Do you want to try to have one of those northeast wrench days beforehand? I'm in either way.

-Chris
nycchef
pretty sure i can make it.
drewvw

you nyc guys are really building some momentum this summer.

Makes me want to move down there - oh wait, no it doesnt.... laugh.gif
i love porsche
im up for wrenching if theres anywhere to do it
i love porsche
ok, one week away...are any more people going to be interested?
rmital
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Jun 24 2006, 07:14 AM) *

are any more people going to be interested?

...always interested....got that holiday weekend thing happening. Got to make sure I'm not screwing up family plans.

Hopefully getting together with chef tomorrow night....dwell and timing issues.

Aaron, PM me you cell so I could touch base. Pete's playing golf...probaby not if it rains like it did today...course is probably under water anyway.
Leo Imperial
Ok this would be fun.
Lets try to meet at the garage - Ray could teach us how to shine our cars -
Then head over for dinner and beer3.gif
rmital
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Jun 25 2006, 04:21 AM) *

Ok this would be fun.

...your time is up Leo...no more beer3.gif for you...you'll be changing diapers by next weekend.
turboman808
Sounds like fun. I don't think I have plans that day.
ptravnic
Kinda bummed out I'll be outta town for the w'end... sad.gif

I got rained out of golf yday, course was closed... sad.gif

Wipers went out yesterday during the rain... sad.gif

Rain stopped in the afternoon and I did some emergency repair in front of my apartment, wipers now work... boldblue.gif

Looking forward to the next wrenching session w/y'all (or you's, depending where you are originally from...)

-pt
nycchef
we are all wimps! we didn't get together because it was gonna rain. it didn't. we should all drive volvo's. lets firm up plans for sat.
turboman808
Yeah if you guys want to do some wrenching that day that would be cool. Maybe someone with more knowledge then me can test drive my car and make sure it's alright and I ain't gonna kill myself.

Gonna be in Jersey that night so may as well make a day out of it.
rmital
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Jun 26 2006, 05:31 AM) *

I got rained out of golf yday, course was closed...

Figured as much....poured like crazy Saturday around by us...no way it would dry out by Sunday.

What time Saturday do we want to get together? Need to post on other wrenching thread too so turboman and others don't miss.
rmital
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jun 26 2006, 06:09 AM) *

Maybe someone with more knowledge then me can test drive my car

Leo's always willing to test drive someone else's car.... sad.gif I sure someone could give you a ride home afterwards.....
Leo Imperial

QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 25 2006, 10:37 AM) *

QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Jun 25 2006, 04:21 AM) *

Ok this would be fun.

...your time is up Leo...no more beer3.gif for you...you'll be changing diapers by next weekend.

Ever hear of taking the 3yo for a drive burnout.gif while mommy relaxes and grandma looks after the baby??? That is assuming that the baby is here by then. thumb3d.gif I'll pass on the beer3.gif 12 is my limit when driving with my son in the car blink.gif
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 26 2006, 10:17 AM) *

QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jun 26 2006, 06:09 AM) *

Maybe someone with more knowledge then me can test drive my car

Leo's always willing to test drive someone else's car.... sad.gif I sure someone could give you a ride home afterwards.....

My car seems to be running. How long before yours takes a stromberg.gif Keep it up Ray. I'm sure Richie will join in soon enough.
tod914
Hey guys, never been there... is it broken up by car types when they park or is it 1st come 1st serve type of deal? Be good if we could park in the same general area.
turboman808
Mines been stowed away since last week after the Porsche dealer meet. Dam weather is not cooperating.

Hopefully by Saturday we will have a little bit of sun.
i love porsche
its a first come first serve deal...they start at 5..usually it gets kinda packed by 6ish..but its a hit or miss thing

whos car are we working on during the day?

ill drive someones car =]
nycchef
if we can get in some wrench time i,ll come out at dawn. we can relocate my fuel pump if no one else has any work that needs to be done. unless ray needs his engine bay sanitized.
wit61
I'll be out at Indy for the F1 weekend on a guys only trip. Woohoo !! biggrin.gif I'll hopefully make the next area gathering...
type11969
Looks like I will have to wait for next time, although Sat. won't be devoid of 914 time, I will be driving to NE Mass to pick up some seats, door panels, bumper, and rotors to give my project a much needed boost.

-Chris
i love porsche
ahh..to bad chris, i was looking fowards to seeing your beetle
type11969
Someday . . . I actually have the sneaking suspicion that my cam is going flat. I'll adjust my valves and 100 miles later they will be .002" looser than what I set them to. But thats a whole other thread.

-Chris
nycchef
what's up for tomorrow guys. have the day off from work and family? anyone up for a fuel pump relocation?
ptravnic
I'll be there in spirit...

Richie - got a line on new heat exchangers yet? Your current set is a tetanus shot waiting to happen...

nycchef
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Jun 30 2006, 04:50 AM) *

I'll be there in spirit...

Richie - got a line on new heat exchangers yet? Your current set is a tetanus shot waiting to happen...

was looking into it. but then got my wife to take a nice sunset ride out by the beach wed night and she complained about the crappy stereo, wants a new one. who am i too argue. heat exchangers pushed back to sept.
drewvw

stereo in mine sucks too...its one of those old tape players that for security the whole damn thing pulls out. Sweet...
nycchef
QUOTE(drewvw @ Jun 30 2006, 05:30 AM) *

stereo in mine sucks too...its one of those old tape players that for security the whole damn thing pulls out. Sweet...

i have waited long enough what does marcos esqawhatever mean!
i love porsche
are we working at the movie car shop tomorrow? and what time?
rmital
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Jun 30 2006, 06:13 AM) *

are we working at the movie car shop tomorrow? and what time?

yes...chef's fuel pump relocate the only thing in the works.
Trying to get there around noon.
turboman808
Hey if any of you are body guys and want to go to town on my fenders be my guest. I want to reshape them and then get them repainted soon.

Also what is the address fo this place? I will definetly be there!!!

Oh and hey don't kaugh at my fender work to much sad.gif

After the whiskey cafe I am heading to this punk/goth club. If anyone is into college girls with mohawks they are welcome to join me. piratenanner.gif
Leo Imperial
Well the baby came Tuesday night, so I don't know what i will be able to do, but I will try to use it as a chance to take the 3 yo out for a drive. The wife may actually go for it.
i love porsche
noon O'clock it is

hope to see a bunch of you there

Ray, do you want to do some work on your fenders?

should i bring any tools?

i want to put my PS belt back on my car, so if we have some time, maybe we can do that too
turboman808
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Jun 30 2006, 10:26 AM) *

Ray, do you want to do some work on your fenders?

should i bring any tools?

Hey if you got some fender bending tools or at least can show me how to shape them I would be into that. Maybe use my fenders as a test mule if others want to learn body work. biggrin.gif

Oh hey if anyone wants this stuff I will bring it down to give away.

Front mount optima and box. Tried to see if I could sell it but whatever I give up HAHA Also got a hella air horn and a race mirror that I think is just to big for my car.
IPB Image
rmital
donated fender for the green 914 not showing up till next time...hopefully.
Leo make a good suggestion...wait for the new one before cutting.

Aaron, take advantage of the time at the shop...I'm in no rush to get outa there.

Nate, here's the address:
759/763 Riverside Ave. • Lyndhurst, NJ 07071
jet1
I will really try to make it down next time with the fender, but until then I wanted to give you a heads up on the condition of the fender. It is a straight fender with no signs of bondo. I left extra metal on it when I cut it off so it will require some cutting and grinding. it does have a rust spot that will need to be cut out and replaced (see photo). It looks like the best approach would be to cut the fender on the green car right behind the wheel well and section in the new fender, but I am not an expert by any means. I know it was a PITA to cut out around where the door hinges so if that part of the green car can be saved then I don't think it should be removed. I guess we can figure it out when I get down there.

Happy 4th!! beerchug.gif

Keith

nycchef
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Jun 30 2006, 10:08 AM) *

Well the baby came Tuesday night, so I don't know what i will be able to do, but I will try to use it as a chance to take the 3 yo out for a drive. The wife may actually go for it.

leo congrats on your new baby. hope all is well. whats that saying
oh yea THIS POST IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.