Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G-tech PRo RR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
So I bought one of them stupid little toys. Got it last night and set it up no to difficult.
put it in the car on the way to work and it works great.

Only problem is the window is NOT the place to put it. I kept watching it instead of where I was going.

I need to put it some where where I can't see it and then cover it so I don't try to see it. and not use it on the streets because I wanna see it.

Probably put on the passenger foot well

Other than it just a toy that won't make the car any faster but might make me faster in the car.
Autocross this weekend so maybe I can figure out how to use it all by then.
BigDBass
what the heck is a G-tech PRo RR? confused24.gif
Joe Ricard
http://www.gtechpro.com/
URY914
I've thought about those things. Can you download the data or just ply it back?

I bet you'll get over 1 g or trick it to get over 1. happy11.gif

Tell us your 0-60 time.
Eric_Shea
http://www.gtechpro.com/pass.html

Can you download the data or just ply it back?

Air_Cooled_Nut
I have the first model. Very accurate so long as you follow the instructions!.

It's a good tool for testing changes made to the car as long as only one change is made per test wink.gif And it's good for driver training -- I found out I got better 1/4-mile times if I let my wheels spin a little on launching in my Jetta (pre-LSD).
Joe Ricard
0-60 ????????? minute and half
Lateral G's I did .7 this morning on cold crappy street tires. it was a .7 peak.
Braking G's was cool. Didn't push too hard cuz there was too much traffic and it was still dark.

Yes I can down load to computer and review.

Tricking it seems pretty easy the thing has to be level X Y axis. I drove in all the way with .03 G's going straight.
mskala
You should do well over 1 G with decent tires.

I'm using my accelerometers on video overlay, and I can do ~1.2G with the
Ecsta V700 (not V710).
URY914
Can I brorrow it? smile.gif

I'll add a cig lighter so I can plug it in. biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
Yea I am thinking 1.2 is easily attainable with Hoosier Slicks 22 x 9.5 x 15 R25 compound.
As long as I can attain a decent speed in the proposed tight course for Saturday.

Paul, Uh no!!!!! unless I get to co-drive your car.
turboman808
had a chance to get one sunday for $100. But I don't have a cigarette lighter yet so I passed.
URY914
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jun 22 2006, 08:53 AM) *

Paul, Uh no!!!!! unless I get to co-drive your car.

Deal!
URY914
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jun 22 2006, 08:59 AM) *

had a chance to get one sunday for $100. But I don't have a cigarette lighter yet so I passed.

You can buy a aftermarket cig lighter socket at a FLAP and wire under the dash somewhere. I wired one in the bed of my pickup to plug in a spotlight.
Joe Ricard
FYI there are several different models.
SS is for drag racers and can't do all the stuff the RR can do
RR of course does Road Racing and can also do drag racer stuff
there is an earlier version out there which goes for 50 to 75 bucks and it's functions are not as refined.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.