Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ANNOUNCEMENT: Grand Opening Celebration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ChrisFoley
I am having an open house on Saturday July 15th. Beer and Brats will be served and there will be drawings for Door Prizes.

Time: 12-5pm
jdogg
Congrats on the Grand Opening, Chris!!!! clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

Too bad it wasn't sooner...I'll be in your area this weekend!! I may still try to stop in to say a quick hello!!
ChrisFoley
I would love to show you the new place Jason. smile.gif
I will be in Tennessee this weekend though, for my brother's wedding. sad.gif
drewvw

thats right outside of Hartford correct?

Thats not too far.... idea.gif
william harris
So, Chris, will I be picking up the motor then or driving the 914 to the grand opening. biggrin.gif
crash914
Do we have to be there to win a door prize?
jd74914
QUOTE(drewvw @ Jun 22 2006, 09:29 AM) *

thats right outside of Hartford correct?

Thats not too far.... idea.gif

Its closer to you than hartford. You just need to get onto 84 and that drops you nearby.

Chris, sounds cool, if around we'll stop by (maybe finally in a registered 914) smile.gif
Dr Evil
I am gonna see if the woman can get off of work so we can make it up on time.
Dr Evil
Well I just had a Dee dee dee moment. The 15th is a Sat. I am planning on being there for sure with the nicest transmission that I have ever built wink.gif !
jdogg
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 22 2006, 09:25 AM) *

I will be in Tennessee this weekend though, for my brother's wedding. sad.gif

I'll wave as we're heading north and pass you headed south, haha!!! Have a safe trip, catch you the next time around!

Good luck with the new space!
turboman808
Sounds like fun we can celecratre by throwing a gate shift in my tranny biggrin.gif

HAHA Just kidding.

I would like to come up just bump this thread before then or I will totaly forget. I live in the NOW!!!
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(william harris @ Jun 22 2006, 12:14 PM) *

So, Chris, will I be picking up the motor then or driving the 914 to the grand opening. biggrin.gif

I'm working on your engine for a couple hours tomorrow morning but at noon Mary and I are heading to Brainard Airport to board my dad's Bonanza. Scheduled return is Sunday afternoon, but I really can't afford to take any time off right now.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(crash914 @ Jun 22 2006, 12:18 PM) *

Do we have to be there to win a door prize?

You have to show up to get a raffle ticket. boldblue.gif
Brad Roberts
Chris,

I'm truly happy for you. I knew you were working on a new place. I'm glad to see that things are moving forward for you.

I'll be in touch with you soon.

B
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Jun 22 2006, 12:21 PM) *

Chris, sounds cool, if around we'll stop by (maybe finally in a registered 914) smile.gif

Jim,
You should stop by before that if you have a chance too.
Gint
Congratulations Chris. I wich I could visit!
ejm
I'll be there..looking forward to seeing the new shop beerchug.gif
firstknight13
chris, i'll be there too!!!
firstknight13
icon_bump.gif i think it would be a chance for the club to show our support for CHRIS and lets see how many 914's we can get in his parking lot!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
guywan914
Chris,I'll be there. Might get a chance to make your exhaust hood and get it hung before that [hopefully]. I can get my teener there but it would have to be by trailer!!!! beerchug.gif

mikelsr
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 22 2006, 08:41 PM) *

I'm working on your engine for a couple hours tomorrow morning but at noon Mary and I are heading to Brainard Airport to board my dad's Bonanza. Scheduled return is Sunday afternoon, but I really can't afford to take any time off right now.

Congrats on the grand opening! smilie_pokal.gif

My Dad had a Bonanza. He really enjoyed flying it. I took my first lesson in his Cherokee then figured that girls were more important than flying. Sure wish I had continued my lessons. biggrin.gif

And good luck in the new place.

Mike
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(mikelsr @ Jun 27 2006, 10:26 AM) *

Congrats on the grand opening! smilie_pokal.gif
And good luck in the new place.

Mike

Thanks!
The flight was kind of fun and interesting for sure, but I prefer keeping my feet close to the ground. We never made it to our destination in the plane due to thunderstorms, so we left it in someone's hangar in Beckley West Virginia and borrowed someone else's car for two days so we could get to Johnson CIty.
When we got back to Beckley on Sunday we couldn't fly out due to weather and didn't make it home until midday Monday.
Here's the Bonanza with a DC3 in the background at Hagerstown MD when we landed for a pit stop Friday.
ChrisFoley
For you New England aviation buffs, if you attend the open house you will have an opportunity to see my dad's Ryan STA restoration project.

This pic was at Bradford PA Sunday at dusk. We managed to get that far after waiting all day for the rain to stop.
ChrisFoley
icon_bump.gif
Anybody who saw my old shop will understand why I am so excited about the new place. I have completely dropped the old general welding business and I'm concentrating on 914s almost exclusively. I'll do other Porsche work as time permits.
As soon as I can afford it I will be getting a car lift so I can do engine, exhaust and suspension work more efficiently. smile.gif

There is lots of room in the (paved) driveway for 914 parking on a Saturday so come on down on the 15th!
william harris
I'll be there with my Suburban, a/k/a the parts hauler. clap56.gif
Brad Roberts
How is this shaping up?

B
ChrisFoley
icon_bump.gif
I had to drag this up from page 5.
So far preparations at the shop are going well but I'm a little late getting invitations sent out. This thread is all I have so far. confused24.gif
ChrisFoley
Directions from the west:
I-84E to Exit 60. Right off exit.
Move to left lane and go left at the split.
Go straight at the light on New State Rd.
Take the first right, Hilliard St.
Straight at the light, left at the stop sign, staying on Hilliard.
Through the esses, left at the stop sign, still on Hilliard.
Take the second left onto Canterbury, a short residential street.
At the end turn right, into the industrial driveway.
My shop is at the near end of the building.

From the East:
I-84W to Exit 63. Right off exit.
Cross over highway. Take second right, onto 83S.
Follow 83 for about 2 miles. After a right and a left you will cross some railroad tracks. Take a right at the next light, onto Hilliard St.
Take the third right, Canterbury St.
At the end turn right, into the industrial driveway.
My shop is at the near end of the building.
Leo Imperial
icon_bump.gif

Chris,
I'm going to try to make it out.
Hopefully more of the locals will join the fun.
Dr Evil
Leo, if you make it out I promise not to pick on your gay assed wheels.

happy11.gif
Rleog
You can count on my 914 being there!
Dr Evil
icon_bump.gif
william harris
Bob: you crack me up: "You can count on my 914 being there." Too much!!! av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif But, will you be there??? beerchug.gif
william harris
OK, enough bumps!!! Now, post some pictures of that 2.0 motor in your home work shop. biggrin.gif
Rleog
Yup.
william harris
Bob: you are the only local guy I know who has been working on a restoration project longer, much longer, than I have. See you on the 15th. driving.gif
Rleog
Hard to say that I'm working on a restoration, then.

..... beer.gif
shoguneagle
Best wishes from the Southwest. I know you will be a success. The quality, pride, and care for the highest level workmanship is evidenced by your threads on this board, the parts development you have done, and the advice given.

I will be seeing you shortly on some of your products.

Steve Hurt
ChrisFoley
Okay William,
Here's a picture of your engine.
The last pieces you sent are already installed, and I'm prepping the FI system.
The runners and plenum were very dirty.
ChrisFoley
This one's for you Bob,
your car has doors again. smile.gif
Dr Evil
Hey, you missed a spot on that engine wink.gif

Man, you could eat off of it chowtime.gif
william harris
Thanks Chris, you made my day!!! boldblue.gif How we looking for the 15th?? driving.gif
pfierb
chris,I'll finally get to meet you....have only spoken to you on the phone.

paul F.
ChrisFoley
That's great Paul,
I'm looking forward to meeting you!
Rleog
Awwww, no pics, no pics!
Man, look at all the work I've yet to do......
............................. smash.gif
You're killing me! laugh.gif

........thanks,

looks great.
guywan914
Chris, will be by early in the week to see if there is anything I can do to help .
william harris
Bob - I have been seriously worrying about 914 withdrawal after my car is finished. OK if I volunteer to give you a hand? I'm gonna be jonesing here. happy11.gif
Randal
Congratulation Chris on your new shop.

I just wish it was closer to the left coast so that my shipping costs would go down.

But then again you're worth it!

Randal
Rleog
Chris can drop it at your place.

beerchug.gif

Take two and call me in the morning.

(That car in the pic ain't mine.....
.....mine never looked that good)

((sure does make a good windshield holder, though))
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Rleog @ Jul 9 2006, 06:05 PM) *

((sure does make a good windshield holder, though))

That's a Lexan windshield I think Dave Cafro wants to buy from me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.