Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do add just pic's to my blog?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
I'm not into the whole blog bit, but I do like to put in pic's that other members might like to see.

So how do add just pic's to my blog? I was able to do it before the change now I can't see how to do it...

Also how do you link it to your signature?

Thanks beerchug.gif
736conver
Mark,

Not sure how things have change on the blog's. I havent made an entry since last year. But as for linking it in your signature, its the same way you have your Canadian POR' VOLKS FESTIVAL link.

In case you didnt do it here's a quick run down. Use this html when your edit your signature. I am sure there's other ways but this is how I did my link.

<A HREF="Your http blog address goes here">type anything you want here.</A>
drewvw

I usually add an entry, and then go back and edit it to add a bunch of pics. There is probably a better way.

to link it....click on the Blog link, search for your username and click on the "My Blog" link. Copy and paste URL in browser...wa laaaah
Jeroen
adding pics is easy
it's pretty much like posting pics here

there's browse button at the "file attatchments" field (a little under the main text field)

click the button, browse your computer for the pic you want
then click "add this attachement"

this will upload your pic
once the screen has reloaded, you will see it listed (so you can remove it again)

you can now add other pics if you want

once you've uploaded your pics, click on the "add this" button at the bottom, this will add the new entry in your blog

notice!
there is a minor difference with adding pics to the forum and to your blog
in the blog you NEED to click "add this attachement" BEFORE you click "add this" or the pic won't upload
Jeroen
If you add this to your sig:

CODE
[url=http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=168]click here to go to my blog[/url]

It will produce this:
click here to go to my blog
Toast
hijacked.gif

How do you ad a picture into you signature that is located in your blog?
carreraguy
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Jun 22 2006, 08:53 AM) *

If you add this to your sig:

CODE
[url=http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=168]click here to go to my blog[/url]

It will produce this:
click here to go to my blog

Thanks for the tip Jeroen - but it links to _your_ blog - how do I get it to link to mine?
Mark Henry
Ok... I can make it work but....You have taken something simple and made it into a total PITA.
It loads 3 times slower (dial up) than before...you have to load it once, then again when you save it.

BTW I can't load more than 1-2 pics at a time because the program times out before it saves, losing the 5 pic I just did.
What a waste of time...I've got better things too do...
Jeroen
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Jun 22 2006, 07:56 PM) *

Thanks for the tip Jeroen - but it links to _your_ blog - how do I get it to link to mine?

Looks like you figured it out already wink.gif

QUOTE(Toast @ Jun 22 2006, 06:57 PM) *

How do you ad a picture into you signature that is located in your blog?

Right-click on the thumbnails (not the big picture) then copy/paste the properties into your post and put it between img tags

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 22 2006, 08:02 PM) *

What a waste of time...I've got better things too do...

yeah... me too laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.