Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black 914 at FSAE West?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biggy72
Hey I was at the Formula SAE West competition at California Speedway in Fontana last week and there was a beautiful black 914 in the parking lot almost every day. I was running around pretty much the whole time so I didn't get much of a look at it other than when it drove past one day leaving. I was just wondering if it belonged to one of the people here?
Brad Roberts
I know we have several people on the club site that are involved with the SAE competition. It could have been MattR, but I'm not sure he has a running/driving 914. Not even sure if he is in town or not. He may have been at Leman this past weekend.

Did you get any pics of the car?

I grew up in Arlington Tx. UT Arlington used to win the SAE event all the time.

B
biggy72
No I didn't get any pics... looked extremely well done, I didn't get a very good side view of it but it looked like it had polished fuchs on it. It looked just very original, but really nice. I do know it was a 2 liter because I saw the badge when it passed. I think there were quite a few scca guys working the event so it may have been one of them.

UTA had a beautiful car, but they had quite a bit of engine trouble leading up to the event. I guess they were trying to turn a 250 cc engine at 19 grand with 8 lbs of boost and the motor was already 11 to 1. They were running ethanol so the high compression wasn't quite so bad, but they were still pushing the motors extremely hard and after blowing two motors they finally gave up and a few guys stuck around to watch the rest of the competition.

It was our first competition ever but our car did fair. We were able to pull off a 5th place finish in the skid pad and we finished every event which only about half of the teams there were able to do. I think a top 15 for us next year isn't out of the question considering how much was wrong in the design with our car this year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.