Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2003 Porsche GT3-RS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
This is how the story goes...

This guy purchased this car on Sat. at Laguna Seca during the event this weekend for $180,000. He ran it sucessfully on Sat afternoon and Sunday's morning session. During the main race Sunday afternoon, he decided that he did not want to be in the back of the pack when the green flagged dropped so he went through the flag full throttle going much faster than everyone else. He then reaches the peak in the straight going through turn 1 going very fast, and sees a whole bunch of cars braking to set-up for turn 2 (hair-pin). Instead on rear-ending another car, he slams into the wall and totally destroyed the car...the guy is ok, but was being check at the clinic for an extensive period of time.

IPB Image
Scott Carlberg
Britain,
what event was at Laguna Seca this weekend?

EDIT...
duh! The U.S. Sports Car Championship.

I'm the one who put it on the calendar. Doh! confused24.gif
morgan
Was that a PCA race, THe y do that stuff all the time at Road America
JM smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif
seanery
Is that Blake's car?
seanery
it is blake's car!
IPB Image
Joe Bob
Geez, no brains no headaches.... w00t.gif
Aaron Cox
Mind over Motorsports! wasn't brad affiliated with them/that for a while? co-owner? boldblue.gif
seanery
Mind over did the race prep and track prep for the #25 Blake Rosser car in both POC & Grand Am. Brad is friends with the MOM guys and worked with them and this car. This is the car that Cody & Terry Howard & I worked with at Mid Ohio and Paul Heery & his son did at Daytona.

It is a 1999 RSR. And it was well sorted and fast. It really is a shame it's gone.
Brad Roberts
The car was sold to this owner who promptly wrecked it. Sorry for the bad luck..

B
Tony C
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 6 2003, 06:32 PM)

It is a 1999 RSR. And it was well sorted and fast. It really is a shame it's gone.

Uhmmm, no its not. There is no such thing. It is a 2000-03 GT3R(or RS, or upgraded to RS). I am sure Brad can pipe in here...

-Tony C
Brad Roberts
Sean.. just didnt have the numbers correct. One of their other customers has a (AJ) has the RSR.

It WAS a 01GT3RS converted to 02 specs.

Can you beleive how bad he mangled this thing ?? Britain told me he came flying over start/finish and found a whole bunch of cars waiting to turn left (start of race).

DUMBASS. I wish I could have been there and said that to his face...lol

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.