Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Cal Euro Sunday Village Roaster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
San Fernando Valley version of Crystal Cove.
Forecast high temp around 200, but what the hell.
VCR

Howard
Can't believe I have to bump my own thread... Look at these videos!
drew365
I've been wanting to bring my F car out there and say hey but after looking at that video I'd be too embarassed. The borani's are rusty, the paint is cracked, chipped and scratched and the interior has rips. It's amazing how much a car ages by sitting around for three years unused.
What time do you get there for your first injection, 4 a.m.? Will you be in the pinky lifter or the peoples' car?
dekman
Very cool video's Howard.....I'm in! drooley.gif
Howard
I'll be there around 7 with the 914. 911's are like Toyota's here biggrin.gif
campbellcj
Who the heck is up at 7am on Sunday???
dekman
MEN who drive 914's like Howard of course!
Brando
QUOTE(dekman @ Jun 24 2006, 09:14 AM) *
MEN who drive 914's like Howard of course!

Last I checked, Howie doesn't drive his 914 anymore. He's spoiled by wasserpumpers with A/C. A Lexus with a Porsche crest...
drew365
I spent part of the day making her a little more presentable, so if I can get my tired a** up I'll be there. Save me a spot.
Howard
Good deal, Andy. Weather seems to have broken, too. The Ferrari group is doing a 200 mile run out Maricopa Hwy (above Ojai) we can tag onto. Dekman will either come down to Woodland Hills or we can meet up there.

Oh, and by the way, Brando, anyone with a few bucks can have a 911. Real men without issues can drive 914's proudly. Chris, drag your white ass out of bed.
Crazyhippy
So was it actually 200* out?

And is that F or C??

BJH biggrin.gif
jimtab
QUOTE(Howard @ Jun 23 2006, 03:36 PM) *

Can't believe I have to bump my own thread... Look at these videos!

It's YOU Howard...ever since the infamous "hose" incident....well..... biggrin.gif
drew365
Turned out to be a really nice morning. Lots and lots of shiny sheetmetal and large engines. Every kind of car you could want to look at from high dollar exotics to street rods and American iron. Howard and Rob (Dekman) left to do a run with some other cars up near Ojai. I didn't want to get my car dusty so I declined.

Howard; you were right, the Carrera GT had Ferrari badges on the sides and front. ????? screwy.gif
Brando
QUOTE(Howard @ Jun 24 2006, 07:15 PM) *
Oh, and by the way, Brando, anyone with a few bucks can have a 911. Real men without issues can drive 914's proudly. Chris, drag your white ass out of bed.

Howie, if you didn't notice the w/p with a/c comment was at both of us.

And I was driving my beater 914 proudly all day biggrin.gif I rode a 911T's ass the whole way up.
Howard
Great day. Weather better than expected. Cars!!!
Howard
Rob (Dekman) and Andy (drew365) Andy's alter ego car. You can still be a 914 guy even if you drive a pinky lifter. Nice hat, Andy biggrin.gif
Howard
wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
Howard
Still Like That Old Time Rock and Roll!
Howard
Nice car, but so common...
Howard
Then Rob and I went on a little jaunt with the Ferrari guys. 200+ miles over some roads we had never tried before. Them carz are fast!! Did 30 miles at 5K or above in 5th and just saw dust. Rob did fine, Suzi ran great, but I need a bigger boat to play with these guys. Suzi showing the team colors.
Carlitos Way
Howard... If I had known... I ended up doing my own little "trial" run this afternoon... drove through Mulholland and even drove past your house. I saw Suzi outside, and thought you were still out, thinking you took the comforts of AC on the run.

Good news is... my little beast runs!!! She still needs a lot of fine tuning, but at least it's roadworthy....
Aaron Cox
5k in 5th?

you were a busy boy parnelli....
Howard
Don't be absurd, officer. That big dial in the middle said I WAS doing 55.
drew365
Holy crap! Look what showed up after I left. I got this pic off of FChat. I lust after this car.
TonyAKAVW
I know this thread has been gone a while. Bbut I recently found a video from SocalSpeedzone and it looks like the two lead cars at the beginning are Dekman and Howard. Am I right? And did you guys let them pass or were they behind you through the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZMuZ_LurQo

-Tony
dekman
Yes thats me behind "Howie"....he was taking it easy that day(we let them pass). He had his "handicapped tag" on his mirror! howard.gif
Howard
Thanks for posting that, Tony. I had never seen it before. Unbelievable stretch of road. Yup, I just got out of their way.
boxstr
Howard please more pics of the 32 roadster and the french driver. pleez pleez
Thank you
CCLINDEUCEFORADAY
Howard
Monique (OK, I don't know her name but I can dream) will probably be there this weekend. But here's a few from last Sunday. Flatheads Uber Alles!
Just for the Old Guy...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.