Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel pump relocation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
have to move my pump 73 1.7, have read the articles on pelican and aa but still not clear to me. not a budding mechanic after all. anyone have pics of the installion. pics would probably help me a lot, cartoons even more
toon1
did it to my 73, 1.7. It's not that hard. I moved it under the fuel tank like a 74. I used the stock mounts, rerouted the wires ( PITA). Also the fuel filter needs to be relocated. I put mine under the tank, I cut off the stock filter mount and welded it to the wall under the fule tank on the pass side. It turned out slick, I could change the filter through the acess hole under the car. I didnt have the means to take pics at the time, I took a couple of pics of the nuts that are holding the pump mount. Hope this helps a little
wilchek
not a big deal. Pump has a line going to the injectors and then a return line after the the injectors take the fuel they need the left over is cycled back so just need one line for supply and one for return. I have mine mounted to the cover under the tierods, but it would be better to mount in front trunk like 75and76 models were done. Make sure u put the filter in a good spot and get a good one that is desigend for a high pressure FI system.
nycchef
thanks guys , a little clearer now. one question where did you run the new lines?
DanT
Front trunk....stock pump and new filter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.