Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - played a little with Google Earth
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
while planing a trip to Germany, to visit a 914 friend, I played around with Google Earth, to find a good route

then I thought it would be a nice idea to show you where I live - and how small my country is biggrin.gif

I saved two pics, one from the States and one from Europe
the borders are yellow - and I coloured the borders of Austria red
the red arrow shows you where I live (there's also the little symbol of a house)

keep in mind - both pics are from the same hight - that means same scale ...

wavey.gif Gustl
bd1308
tell the others how many people are crammed into that tiny country

wink.gif

b
mikelsr
Gustl,
My wife, my bother-in-law, sister-in-law, and I will be over your way in a little over a week. My daughter is stationed near Frankfurt and we are going back over to see her and do some other touristry things. We will visit Dublin Ireland, Glasgow Scotland, Frankfurt Germany (and many other parts), Paris France, and we are still trying to arrange a tour that takes in Austria, and Switzerland (they don't know if there are enough people to have the tour). If we get your way, we will wave as we go by in the bus! smile.gif

On our last trip I saw more Porsches on a transport than I did on the road. sad.gif

Mike
Gustl
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Jun 24 2006, 02:03 PM) *

tell the others how many people are crammed into that tiny country

well, the last count (2006) was at about 8,260,000 ...

wavey.gif Gustl
Gustl
QUOTE(mikelsr @ Jun 24 2006, 02:40 PM) *

We will visit Dublin Ireland, Glasgow Scotland, Frankfurt Germany (and many other parts), Paris France, ...

the nearest city of these would be Frankfurt ... that's about 5h30 from my place

I will wave back, if I see you biggrin.gif

in my area there are not so many Porsches ... but there are 3 different Porsche clubs within a 30 miles ares av-943.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
Bleyseng
Thats about the same number of people as the Netherlands and about double the size it looks.

I haven't made a trip yet to Austria but we'll see as I want to go to the Czech Reb. too along with Italy. drunk.gif
Toast
I bet it doesn't take you 2 weeks to drive across your country. laugh.gif
Rleog
Your country may be small, but there are no words to describe how beautiful it is.
Gustl
QUOTE(Toast @ Jun 24 2006, 07:00 PM) *

depends on my ride wink.gif laugh.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
Gustl
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 24 2006, 04:23 PM) *

I haven't made a trip yet to Austria but we'll see as I want to go to the Czech Reb. too along with Italy. drunk.gif

that sounds like you will have to cross Austria - otherwise it would be a big detour idea.gif

beerchug.gif Gustl
Gustl
QUOTE(Rleog @ Jun 24 2006, 07:16 PM) *

Your country may be small, but there are no words to describe how beautiful it is.

couldn't say anything else but agree.gif

wink.gif Gustl
Toast
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jun 24 2006, 03:26 PM) *

wavey.gif Gustl

In a VW? chairfall.gif

wavey.gif
hi4head
So Gustl,

Where are you in Tirol?

I've been fortunate enough to visit the area a number of times over the years and always look forward to going back.

From being in Innsbruck to Rinn-Judenstein- to Wattens, etc., the visits have always been great. And the nice curvy roads should be wonderful in a 914.

Of course it also nice to go to Vienna and then south to wine country. I have to admit, I've had some pretty good times with some of the local vinters there as well, but, I still prefer Tirol.

Best regards,

Chris
Gustl
Hi Chris,

I live in Telfs - that's about 20 miles to the west of Innsbruck
twisty roads through the mountains are everywhere here in my area

the easter region with Vienna and the wine land is nice too, but absolutely no mountains ...

see here:

carreraguy
Google Earth is cool!
I was exploring about a mile from my neighborhood and it appears we're closer to San Jose International Airport than I thought! biggrin.gif

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=We...012156&t=h&om=1
johannes
Because of the lot of montains Austria has not so many inhabitants ... You can see it on the density map below .

You can see a "green band" at the place of Alps montains ...

803 262 603 Europe Total

Some countries

43 197 684 Spain
58 133 509 Italy
59 911 586 Great Britain
61 044 684 France
82 422 299 Germany

IPB Image
Gustl
QUOTE(Toast @ Jun 25 2006, 04:26 AM) *

QUOTE(Gustl @ Jun 24 2006, 03:26 PM) *

wavey.gif Gustl

In a VW? chairfall.gif

wavey.gif

even in a Porsche cool_shades.gif

IPB Image

Porsche Diesel that is

av-943.gif Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.