Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The drive to Seattle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IYFCalvin
I've been waiting for great weather to take the drive from Spokane to Seattle and I got it yesterday. Brought out my fairly new acquisition (75 914 1.8) and it drove surprisingly nice! The drive is about 4 hours. I was surprised I had pretty good pep going up the mountain passes in 5th. I haven't re-filled the gas tank, but I used less than 3/4 of a tank of gas so I got very good mileage (I recall the distance is about 260 miles). I was averaging 85-90 at about 3600 rpm for a while until I saw some Hwy patrol. Top off all the way!
Got to Seattle last nite and saw a pretty looking black teener on ramp to I-5 downtown. It was an earlier model, with chrome bumper and nice looking/sounding twin exhaust tips out the back. Whoever it was, was pushing it nicely!
Bleyseng
Probably was Blair as we tuned the car yesterday and he was out driving to seat the rings and get some miles on the rebuild motor. clap56.gif

I was out in the orange 76 with the top off enjoying the sunny evening. It was lite out until 10 PM!
IYFCalvin
Thanks Bleysing. That was a pretty one. It sounded really nice! It was about 11pm last nite.
I got up this morning and fired up my silver teener and it won't stay idling. this is the first time that has happened since I got it a month ago. Mind you, I garage the car in Spokane and it sat out the cold last nite. We'll see how it does once it warms up.

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 24 2006, 07:55 AM) *

Probably was Blair as we tuned the car yesterday and he was out driving to seat the rings and get some miles on the rebuild motor. clap56.gif

I was out in the orange 76 with the top off enjoying the sunny evening. It was lite out until 10 PM!

IYFCalvin
Hey Geoff.... what motor does Blair have in that black teener? It sounded really nice.

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 24 2006, 07:55 AM) *

Bleyseng
A Jake cammed 1.7l all of maybe 85hp.
TeamAxisRacing
it sounds great with the exhaust leaks, and my airrfilter setup aktion035.gif I think its got maybe 20 miles on the motor now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.