Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tire question... Pressures and temps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
ConeDodger
I am running a set of Yokohama A0032R S compound tires on my stock 2.0 liter Fuchs. They are 205 50 15.
I have run one event on them and just for starters I ran 35psi all the way around. After my first run the pressure rise was dramatic and I brought them down to 35psi again. from there they stabilized and by the third run they were 35psi before and after the run.

I accidently left the pyrometer at home so no temperature data available for this first event. Ambient was about 85 degrees.

My settings are 2 degrees negative front and 2.5 negative rear.

What experiences have you guys had with these tires? What pressures have you run? driving.gif
Trekkor
I really liked these tires. They were corded pretty quick though.

Even on their final throws, they we're still only .5 second off the pace compared to my A-Hoosiers!

I ran the Hoosiers at Marina and then switched over to the Yoks for practice during the fun runs.

I'll search out the pressures for you.

KT
Trekkor
Still searching for pressures...

Check sidewall rollover with chalk or shoe polish.
You should be using all the tire right to the sholuder markings " Δ ".

Have them remounted outside-in to maximize wear after a few events.

KT
Trekkor
roll-over

KT
Trekkor
I ran a set of 32's at Santa Rosa airport and 32psi was very good for grip and rollover.

KT
grantsfo
I ran 30 to 32 psi with my 032's with good results.
DanT
I ran my A032Rs at 28-30 cold. On my 914-6 with 6 inch Fuchs and 205s
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Aug 12 2006, 08:17 PM) *

Dan your response brings up an interesting question. If you are running 205s on 6 inch Fuchs I assume you have converted to 5 lug or are in an original 6 to begin with.

I put the 5.5 2.0 liter Fuchs on the Submarine 2.7 six and I easily overwhelmed the tires.

Do these tires work better when spread out over a 6 inch wheel?
DanT
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Aug 13 2006, 09:42 AM) *

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Aug 12 2006, 08:17 PM) *

Dan your response brings up an interesting question. If you are running 205s on 6 inch Fuchs I assume you have converted to 5 lug or are in an original 6 to begin with.

I put the 5.5 2.0 liter Fuchs on the Submarine 2.7 six and I easily overwhelmed the tires.

Do these tires work better when spread out over a 6 inch wheel?

Rob, that was a car I had several years ago...wish I had never sold it. I had a 2.7L RS motor that I could break loose the tires in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. If I had that car still I would be running 7s front and rear with 225s smile.gif I had my rear fenders pulled enough that I could run 225s on 7s in the rear....which I did the last 2 years I owned it. My current car is the Phoenix Red 2.0L, I am running 205 Victors on 5.5 Fuchs....4 lug..

And yes, I am sure the tires work better on a wider wheel....I am not going to a wider wheel for points considerations...I want to go no higher than AX11 where I am currently....with the other mods I have I would be bumped up with wider wheels.

Trekkor
Remember, Rob. I was running the 032's on those 5.5" Westerns.

Drop those pressures!

I'd have them on 7" rims if I had another set and lots of $$$.

KT
grantsfo
The differnce between 032's on 5.5" Fuchs and Hoosiers on 8" rims with same size tire was like night and day on my car. I'd go route of wider rims with either Kuhmo 710s or Hoosiers. Those will stick better

My smaller 2.4 can spin the 265/45/16's in first and second gear on my 6 now. I can only imagine what a 2.7 would do with 205/50/15's.
DanT
I can only imagine what a 2.7 would do with 205/50/15's. burnout.gif biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(trekkor @ Aug 13 2006, 01:07 PM) *

Remember, Rob. I was running the 032's on those 5.5" Westerns.

Drop those pressures!

I'd have them on 7" rims if I had another set and lots of $$$.

KT

I have a tile job that says you could have a set of rare 7" Revolutions...
DanT
I could learn to do tile biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Aug 13 2006, 07:08 PM) *

I could learn to do tile biggrin.gif

I actually know how to do tile but 1.) I hear Trekkor does beautacious work 2.) He needs the wheels more than I do.

The wheels will probably sell for more than Trekkor would spend for them and Trekkor would probably charge more than I would probably spend for his work. But what I need is fairly small and straight forward so I thought I would throw it out there...
Trekkor
I'm right here...and listening.

Those spokes would look nice in metalic red. drooley.gif

KT
ConeDodger
QUOTE(trekkor @ Aug 13 2006, 07:48 PM) *

I'm right here...and listening.

Those spokes would look nice in metalic red. drooley.gif

KT

I have gotten two PM's telling me you are too fast on 5.5" tires and what am I thinking! Not really...

Yes, I have a fairly straight forward section in the basement 6' wide by about 15' long maybe a little longer, plus a small bathroom adjoining that need tile. I can do it. But I have two sets of these wheels but I am going to 5 lug. You really need to get wider as you are overperforming, meaning you have reached the limit of what you can do on what you have. I think you would get more tire life if you had more wheel don't you?

It looks like the fender needs to be rolled for the rears but the front is fine. You might even get a 225 on these. Plus I would throw in center caps for the Westerns you already bought from me biggrin.gif
DanT
Rob,
When you get around to doing the 5 lug conversion....let me know.
I would be interested in the Fuchs...4 bolters smile.gif
Trekkor
Let me know when I can come and look at the project and this time we will do the indoor go karts at RPM.

KT
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Aug 13 2006, 08:09 PM) *

Rob,
When you get around to doing the 5 lug conversion....let me know.
I would be interested in the Fuchs...4 bolters smile.gif

The 4 bolt Fuchs belong to my 4 cylinder car. I have something like 5 or 6 extra though if you need some. My goal is to get up to Harvey Weidmans and get 5 concours quality wheels out of the bunch. They will be my pretty wheels for the silver car...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(trekkor @ Aug 13 2006, 08:19 PM) *

Let me know when I can come and look at the project and this time we will do the indoor go karts at RPM.

KT

Whenever you are going to be near Sac is probably fine. I can give you exact dimensions and I have the tile. It is the same stuff the contractor used upstairs only this is going on concrete instead of underlayment. I just figured it out and I have something like 65 square of the tile and I think it might need 90 square or more. I am home on the weekend and Monday every week Tuesday every other week. This is my week for Tuesday off. I am off the whole first week of September too.

Damn, it isn't enough that you kick my ass on the autocross course you have to whip me on a go-kart track too? Have you no mercy?
DanT
Rob,

I would like to get another set for my car to put a 2nd set of track tires onto.

If you get around to it. Send me some pics of the wheels you don't want/need and we will see if they would work for me.

Thanks

Dan
Trekkor
Rob, maybe later in the week I could come up and see the project.
Wed-Fri evening.

thanks,

KT
Trekkor
Oh and, did your Marina track side video come through in your e-mail?

KT
ConeDodger
QUOTE(trekkor @ Aug 13 2006, 09:27 PM) *

Rob, maybe later in the week I could come up and see the project.
Wed-Fri evening.

thanks,

KT

I work until 10 pm Wednesday through Friday. I am off next weekend through Monday night. Martin might be able to meet you. He is off at 4ish each day. In his own house now though, over by Mather Field about seven or eight miles from me.

I got the video thanks... I love it. I am trying to figure out how to load it on my IPod so I can watch it all the time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.