Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: won't start....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
have power to the starter. everything else electrical seems to work fine. but when i turn the key..... nuthin'.... starter doesn't even engage.

any thoughts?

first thought is to whack the solenoid and see if that is stuck.

cheers,

scott
Cap'n Krusty
Transmission and battery ground straps. Yellow wire to the solenoid. Make sure it's on the correct terminal and that it gets power when the ignition switch is turned to the "start" position. If the car has a seatbelt interlock logic relay (1974, some 1975s), the wires under the passenger seat should be inspected, and the 2 large yellow wires should be bridged. Whacking the starter and/or the solenoid is a sure way to shorten the life of the unit. The Cap'n
scottb
ground straps are both connected... car is a 73. will check the yellow wire at the solenoid. may hit it anyway if i get frustrated!!!!

bd1308
take off connector at relay board, take a very thin knife and gently spread out those fingers a bit so the connector sits firm and put the connector back on with some dielectric grease.

b
scottb
you da man britt!!! turned out that when i put the cover back on the relay board, i moved the connector. reset that and it started right up!!!! clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

now for my next post, my new header interferes with my thermostat. it's one or the other. what happens if i run without a thermostat?

cheers,

scott
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.