davep
Am I the only one with problems?
JoeSharp
Musta ;been you Dave.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
bob91403
Nope, site won't load for me either. Must be down for repairs. confused24.gif
GWN7
my access died to it last night (early this morning)
Cap'n Krusty
POSSIBLY DRUNK PELICAN HITS WINDSHIELD

LAGUNA BEACH, CA. (AP) The driver was sober. The bird he hit may have been under the influence. A California brown pelican flew through the windshield of a motorist on the Pacific Coast Highway in Orange County Thursday, and wildlife officials said the bird was probably intoxicated by a chemical in the water.

Though toxicology tests take several weeks, the odd bird behavior was likely the result of poisoning from domoic acid, which has been found in the ocean in the area, said Lisa Birkle, assistant wildlife director at the Wetlands and Wildlife Care Center in Huntington Beach.

Birds can be poisoned through eating algae tainted by the acid.

The driver was not hurt. The pelican needed surgery for a broken foot, and also had a gash on its pouch.

"She's hanging in there," Birkle said.

The Wetlands and Wildlife Care Center has received 16 calls of strange bird behavior in the past week, and was holding three other birds found disoriented and wandering through yards and in streets.

Domoic acid poisoning was the most likely cause of a 1961 invasion of thousands of frantic seabirds in Northern California that inspired Alfred Hitchcock's film "The Birds."

Those birds flew into buildings and pecked several humans.

Pelicans have excellent eyesight and they are unlikely to have flown into a car without some kind of intoxication, Birkle said.

Any more questions? The Cap'n
bob91403
QUOTE(davep @ Jun 24 2006, 10:34 AM) *

Am I the only one with problems?
With a question like that you're begging for it. Yes Dave, you're the only one with problems.
alfred.gif
davep
QUOTE(bob91403 @ Jun 24 2006, 10:15 AM) *

With a question like that you're begging for it. Yes Dave, you're the only one with problems.

Hey, if you are hanging out here, and more so if you are replying to such questions, then I can ssure you I am not alone having problems. At least my signature lays it out for everyone to see.
Thanks Cap'n, now I know what the cause was. Keep movin' folks, nothin to see here.
Andyrew
THe bird is still online?

I thought they lost posters 2 years ago and dave activates it only when the club is down?

Maybe I just never go there.. tongue.gif
bob91403
QUOTE(davep @ Jun 24 2006, 12:50 PM) *

QUOTE(bob91403 @ Jun 24 2006, 10:15 AM) *

Hey, if you are hanging out here, and more so if you are replying to such questions, then I can ssure you I am not alone having problems. At least my signature lays it out for everyone to see.
Thanks Cap'n, now I know what the cause was. Keep movin' folks, nothin to see here.
I was being facecious. Anybody who owns a thirty year old car bought problems, same as the rest of us. Oh, and, Pelican's back up. wavey.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.