Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine stands
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Verruckt
Has anyone bought this engine stand, or know anything about this seller? Wondering if he might be a club member. It looks quality, and since it isn't that $300 POS, not a bad price either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-PORSCHE-...bayphotohosting

IPB Image
Cap'n Krusty
I prefer the stand heads with the semi-circular plate. The weight of the fully assembled T4 motor puts too much strain on the 2 mounting points. You get what you pay for ......... The Cap'n
alpha434
We use that style for building 356 engines. But they're a lttle smaller than a TIV. Might buy it. How much is shipping going to be, though. That's the real question.
Al Meredith
Don't pay too much, Stand comes from Harbour Freight or the like for +/- $39.00 and the black engine piece can be had from J.C. Whitney for about $20.00. I use one all the time for TY4 without any problems. I do not use for 911, I use the "ring" type.
URY914
I use one like that but I put a 2x4 under it when the whole engine is dressed out with fan housing, carbs, etc. Just cut the 2x the right length so that some of the weight is off the stand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.