Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how do I take my stock
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sinner914
I feel like an idiot for even asking but how do I take the stock wheel off. Does the center piece just pop off with force or what? Quick tip would be great. confused24.gif
elwood-914
It's been quite awhile but you take the horn section and spin it I think counter clockwise?? It should just pop off then.

Tim
Cap'n Krusty
Push in a little on the horn pad, rotate it about 15-20 degrees, lift it gently off. Later cars have a wire, so exercise caution. Under there is a 27mm nut and a washer. Remove them. The Cap'n
736conver
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 24 2006, 05:25 PM) *

Push in a little on the horn pad, rotate it about 15-20 degrees, lift it gently off. Later cars have a wire, so exercise caution. Under there is a 27mm nut and a washer. Remove them. The Cap'n

The wheel might take a little convincing to come off so leave the nut on alittle. That way when you pull the steering wheel off it doesnt bonk you in the face.
Sinner914
thanks fellas, everything all good!!!! New momo monte carlo looks sweeeeeeeet!!!!
elwood-914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.