Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Undercoating
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
t collins
I just replaced my floor pan and longs. Now that I have the rust under control, I was thinking about using Herculiner or other DYI roll in bed liner coating as an undercoating, seems like a good idea anyone else tried it? cool_shades.gif
bd1308
Yep. I have pictures, but no computer with USB now to post it.

I'll have to borrow dad's computer sometime very soon to update my rust thread.

Use the 3M stuff in a can, its rubber....or the Herculiner.

Either way, it seems like a great idea to protect our precious cars from water and rust.

And frankly I didn't really care what other people thought about putting undercoating on my car.

b
2-OH!
I sand blasted the bottom of the car, repaired all the rust, particularly up in the rear corners, and used Herculiner over the entire underside of the car (every nook and cranny), except above the muffler and on the muffler heat shield...I was afraid the heat would bubble it off eventually...I used POR 15 on that area of the tub and Engine high temp paint on the heat shield...I love the look, feel and bond I got from it...Just brush it on...Entire underside of the car - $100.00...PEP boys sells it...

I intend to paint over it as it is polyurethane based...

2-OH!
rjames
I used the 3m stuff too. Worked great. Wear a mask though- the fumes are rough.
bd1308
yes...please do the mask thing...

I didnt, and WOAH it was a long day....I ended up putting a bunch of fans near my work area to ventilate it out.

b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.