Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTF NW Teeners!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Only Rand, Blair and I showed up for RichD work party today!!! alfred.gif

We got some work down and drank the beer, ate all the chips etc....Rich had lots of burgers cookin when I left.

BUT 14 guys guys said they would show up!

WTF

3 guys show up and thats it, reeallly lame trying to get this car running.

I did get to look at all the progress on the LE car which is sweet!!!!

So all you wannabe's who don't show up

pissoff.gif
Bruce Allert
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Sorry Geoff... jes' couldn't hep mah'self! smile.gif

Wished I were closer. I spent a hot boring morning & afternoon on the golf course whilst mah wife got Vinnie a herding certificate! sheeplove.gif

Go Vinnie!!! beerchug.gif

.....b
Eddie914
I was going to do a quick repair to the floorboards on the family ski boat last night then come out to Rich's today. The reason the floor was soft was that the front half of both stringers were rotten!

I worked last night until 11:00 and today from 7:00 am until 9:30 pm. I'm totally drained! Cutting, ripping, glueing, sawing, fiberglass, carpet, etc., etc.

I would have much rather done some teener work.

My wife told me we would celebrate my birthday this weekend. Fun Birthday celebration! Still can't get the polester resin off my arms!

I hope I can get the teener ready for WCC06.

Wish I was there!

Eddie
sixnotfour
Got home from to much work also ,saw this shame post ,so I ran over to Rich's met Blair drank a beer , came home to 2- 11year old hellyans.
So there , didnt say I was going and went.
Rich's Creamsicle is lookin good and good to hear the other car is coming along.
Eddie I am going to use your starter if you dont come get it.
Rand
Dang Jeff, sorry I didn't get to meet you. Missed you by THAT much. And I was so looking forward to tapping into your vast experience on the TIV. After all, the 4 is superior to the 6, right? laugh.gif (Just going on hearsay of course.)

Oh well, next time. beerchug.gif
Eddie914
Jeff,

How about tomorrow?

Eddie
sixnotfour
Dang Jeff, sorry I didn't get to meet you. Missed you by THAT much. And I was so looking forward to tapping into your vast experience on the TIV. After all, the 4 is superior to the 6, right? (Just going on hearsay of course.)

Oh well, next time.

Type 4 sale is all I know ,

Eddie pm sent
dinomium
Sorry guys, I was stuck in Auburn till 4! On the plus side, I have a lovely 1.7 FI motor for some lucky person!
KELTY360
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 24 2006, 06:06 PM) *

Only Rand, Blair and I showed up for RichD work party today!!! alfred.gif

We got some work down and drank the beer, ate all the chips etc....Rich had lots of burgers cookin when I left.

BUT 14 guys guys said they would show up!

WTF

3 guys show up and thats it, reeallly lame trying to get this car running.

I did get to look at all the progress on the LE car which is sweet!!!!

So all you wannabe's who don't show up

pissoff.gif

Seems pretty harsh. There were about 8 of us there on Tuesday. I'll leave it at that...don't want to start something.
Bleyseng
harsh, hmmm....Rich was expecting maybe upto 14 guys to drop by but 4 now is a low turnout for locals.
914werke
Eh! It happens, only regret is we didnt have enough time / people to
run for the misc. part. necessary. confused24.gif
I went to 5 flaps today NONE carried all the tune up parts I was looking for. mad.gif
Bought a timing light aktion035.gif
Upgraded the Dizzy with a Ignitor
Got the sucka running and idleing somewhat.
beer.gif
Ive got a good feeling Ill be driving it to Portland driving.gif
Bleyseng
Yeah Rich, thats why I was flipa.gif people off for not showing up.

Lots to do including making a dash for parts. We were doing some interesting stuff too...how many guys take apart, tune MPs's and play with LM-1 meters? plus get to eat and drink alot?

jsharp.gif

Let me or Blair know when its ready.....
messix
thanks guys!
i was the first one there!
i drop in 'bout 11:00 thinking y'all would be hard at it.
i could'nt stay but i did drop in. and offer my expert b.s.
914werke
I figure I be working on it this eve.

gotta PU some new wires today.
Bleyseng
Ok, it should run ok now after you cure the missing. Recheck the plug wires for the firing order and that they are run right. 1-4-3-2 as that is the first thing to always fix. mad.gif
Root_Werks
sad.gif Guilty as charged. I suck. sad.gif

Sorry guys, you remember that black 914-6 I drove in Tuesday? Well, I spent the weekend working on that. As much as I LOVE that car, I need to see it go bye-bye. I have too much I would like to do for the summer. I got the car all squared away, so my weekend was productive. smash.gif
DNHunt
Let's see. I dropped the engine, tore it down to the case, installed new Nickies with KB's (Thanks Charles and Jake), reassemble and am ready to reinstall. Oh ya, I plumbed for a cooler too. I would have loved to make it up there but, I ran out of time.

Dave
Bleyseng
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Jun 26 2006, 07:18 AM) *

Let's see. I dropped the engine, tore it down to the case, installed new Nickies with KB's (Thanks Charles and Jake), reassemble and am ready to reinstall. Oh ya, I plumbed for a cooler too. I would have loved to make it up there but, I ran out of time.

Dave

You're kidding, right?

New Nikkies and Pistons? Hmmm, sounds like you are trying to solve a problem. clap56.gif
DNHunt
Not kidding! Chasing the same old blowby and oil consumption problems. Thankfully Jake and Charles stepped up. I should have it in the car Wednesday for shaking down and tuning. I still expect to make WCC.

Dave
Bleyseng
Good God, you are getting so good and dropping and rebuilding motors, you should quit your day job and go into business!

Missed ya at Rich's. We couldve used the help! dry.gif
DNHunt
Can't say I'm good yet, I still haven't got one right yet. I am get good at trying though.

Dave
dinomium
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Jun 26 2006, 11:02 AM) *

Can't say I'm good yet, I still haven't got one right yet. I am get good at trying though.

Dave

look at DAVE! If you need any help in the evening, let me know. I have to work late on Wed and Fri but I can be to GH by 645 on the others... also, I am able to volenteer Mon 3rd and Wed the 5th for last min stuff
(IF I am not doing my own!!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.