Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1st Day Out After 8 Years
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hi4head
Today was a great day. rocking nana.gif

We've been working for the past few months to get my '73 2.0 running again and back on the road. After fooling with pulling the engine, doing some body work (i.e. hell hole and jack posts), replacing the injectors, an electrical nightmare, , etc., etc., etc., the day finally came for us to try and fire the old girl up.

We were somewhat in shock when she fired up and ran on the very first try. After making a couple of adjustments to vacuum hoses, we took her back out for a spin in the neighborhood. Gosh its good to have this car running again. Pretty soon I'll have enough done to get her inspected and retagged.

Fortunately, I've had a great helper through all of this. Doug is also a member here and is working with his dad on making one fantastic 914 out of three they currently have. (By the way, Doug may argue as to who was the helper.)

Here's a picture of my car enjoying daylight for the first time in many years. Oh, and check out those fantastic shirts.

Chris
Click to view attachment
Howard
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Congrats! Nice looking car, too bad you live in such a seedy neighborhood biggrin.gif
blitZ
Nice looking car, way to get her running again. thumb3d.gif
msglaigaie
Nice looking machine, when will you finish it off by painting it a glorious shade of black MSG L
dlee6204
Yeah the car came out nice... and that is even before a good wash! Ha! It was nice to see that abandoned car in the corner of the garage come back to life. I enjoyed it. All I have to do now is convince my father to let me buy my own driver instead of only having that endless restoration project of mine!
JPB
Awesome bro, nothing drives like that beast. Car looks great! I must advise you that any further interaction with this vehicle may infect you with some kind of 914 addiction/virus. Consult your doctor before proceeding!

smilie_pokal.gif Giver schmit!!!
kevinpdunn
Hey move over, we can't see the car! mad.gif
hi4head
We wanted to show off these new shirts. Oh well - maybe we should have stood behind the car. (But that way ya'll couldn't see what wonderful fashion sense that I have.)

Chris

I'll put up some photos of just the car soon.
T wing
Way to go guys
Michael N
Nice looking car!!!!!! I like the GREEN! thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.