Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spedo always works, Odometer sometimes works?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krazykonrad
Ive noticed that my odometer is sometimes not turning over. It seems that it sticks at low speed but generally works better on the highway, but not always. Once its going it wokrs at low speeds too. However highway driving is not a sure fire cure. The speedo works fine with no problems.
Any suggestions? WTF.gif
Thanks,
Konrad 72 / 4
Bruce Allert
Pelican has a great How To on this subject. I did it and it worked great. Took some time but if you're a gadjet freak & want to know how things work this is for you.

The basic problem with the odometers lies in the fact that a pot-metal gear that was originally press-fit onto the odometer drive shaft often comes loose. When it is no longer adhering to the shaft, there is no way for the odometer to turn. The solution, in a nutshell, is to remove and disassemble the mechanism, and to reattach this gear to the shaft.

www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Mult_gauge_repair/mult_gauge_repair.htm

Cut & paste the URL above
and you'll learn how to do it complete with pictures. Trust me... it was fun!

...........b beerchug.gif
lapuwali
This is, btw, MUCH more likely to happen if you try to zero the trip odo while the car is moving. You should never do this.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.