Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RAT "Annihilator" on the loose!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cr125shifter
Yeehaw! It's taken me about a year to complete the upgrades and now I've finally driven my 914 for the first time! With a Jake Raby built 2.3 "Annihilator" in the car, it has surpassed my every expectation. It has ungodly amounts of torque and scary horsepower. I just completed several extended "shake-down" runs and the oil temp has never reached 200 and the cylinder heads never saw more than 300 - not bad for a hot central Florida day in heavy traffic and out on the highways. Even the local law enforcement was impressed (thank you, kind officer for understanding my unabashed enthusiam and letting me go). I'm looking forward to attending a track event later this month and really ringing the car out - I'm glad that the BMW brake upgrades at all four corners will help stop this beast. Now that the mechanicals are in order, it's time to start thinking about paint, etc.

Many thanks to Jake Raby and his abundant knowledge of how to get the most out a "big four". Keep up the great work, Jake!

Mark Stockbridge
Orlando, Florida
Jeff Bonanno
WOW Mark! let me be the first to welcome you!

there is another post with a 'i just put my new motor in, officer..." theme!

keep it up Mark and Jake!
fiid
Congrats.

I love to hear comments like "ungodly amounts of torque".

Happy Days,

Fiid.
boldblue.gif
ChrisReale
I like me some torque driving.gif
Ther eis no feeling like sitting in the drivers seat, and hammering the throttlre, and saying"shit" because the torque throws youinto the seat smile.gif
Jake Raby
Mark, onceagain thats great to hear....I always like hearing of smooth installs followed by comments like yours....

Who needs a six??? Keep it simple, with a TIV.....

Of all the combos I havemade for the 914, this one is most definately the one that I have had the best results with from all aspects......

The LEAST amount of HP I ghave gotten from one of these was 181 and that was the design/test engine and it was mine! Mark made 191 BHP with his!

Hey Mark, you forgot to mention that she will break the tires loose in first, second and third gears!!!

Got torque????LOL
swood
Is this a 60K MI or so engine? Sounds sweet...I mean bitchen!
Qarl
HEY!!!! Where are you???? I'm in Orlando too! I want a ride, I want a ride..... me me me me me me!

But seriously, E-mail or PM me your contact info and we can get together.

Regards,

Karl Ellzey
URY914
Another Florida 914!!!
Welcome aboard. beerchug.gif

Hey, is anyone going to Brumos in a few weeks for the swap meet?

Paul
Jake Raby
Honestly, it is an engine that I would like to see have a tear down at 50K for a freshening up, then it would go for another 50 K or so before the bottom end would need a going through........

Mine has 15K on it, and still has hardly any wear on it. I drive the HELL out of it!
Tom Perso
Congrats on the install!!!

That would be me that got let off by Officer Friendly after installing my 2270 that was inspired by Mr. Raby.... smile.gif He must have the special "combo" that makes you get pulled over... smile.gif

Keep it to the floor dude!!!

Later,
Tom
Jake Raby
Yeah....its called HAUL ASS!
banderson
Jake, It looks like lots of work and research. Nice Job.

How do you get the rods to clear the cam. That was the closest clearance point on my 2270. I only had about .030.

BTW, its still running strong. MDB2.gif
Jake Raby
This combo has a different rod jpournal and base circle on the cam. Since it has LESS Lift it makes it even easier. The rods on my 2316 have much more beef than a 2270.......They clear by a MILE with the rods we have had made up for it!

I can now do an 84 stroke before I get as tight as you are with the 2270 @ .030
914werke
Mark/Jake Yae BABY smilie_pokal.gif
This is ONLY in a carborated format though ..correct? No EFI?
Jake Raby
It would be compatible with aftermarket EFI systems, but not stock FOR SURE.

For an EFI engine, add an extra 5,000.00 on top of the price tag, easily.
cr125shifter
Wow! Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes! I look forward to corresponding and possibly someday meeting many of you.

Karl, I will contact you very soon. I would love to see your project, it sounds pretty exciting! I live on the east side of Orlando near Waterford Lakes and I missed the last Orlando get-together in Waterford Lakes Shopping Center by only a few days! Definitely count me in for the next one...
Jake Raby
I'll be down that way in January on Vacation, maybe we can all meet somewhere???
cr125shifter
Jake, that would be great... just keep us posted.
ChrisFoley
I'm glad to hear that you're up and running Mark! clap56.gif
Jake Raby
Chris, Thanks for that AWESOME exhaust system that made Mark's power possible. I feel confident that I would have never gotten this much power and cool running with ANY other exhaust system.

Thats why they are mandatory on my 2316 combos!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.