Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1976 2.0 914 FUEL PUMP HELL! Help....PLEASE!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kskwpb
Please....HELP ME...If I had a 914 Bat Signal...I'd shine it across the country! I have spent two days tring to get my fuel pump to kick on. 2.0 fuel injection, I've monkeyed with the two littel fuses,tested/switched all the round relays with the head light relays to make sure they were good. unpluged the wires from fuel pump-put volt meter to'em NOTHING,no juice AT ALL to fuel pump. Ran wires from battery to fuel pump to see if the pump works,it does...Can't figure out which is positive & negative on fuel pump....now I,m scared I ran the fuel pump backwards and really screwed it up, Would running the fuel pump backwards screw it up? I'm gonna cry sad.gif I AM IN FUEL INJECTION HELL!!!! Help....PLEASE!!! Best Regards, Kevin in West Palm
bd1308
on the relay board, you will see a 4-pin squarish connector. Ground out the LOWER LEFT spade and the fuel pump should turn on.

I'm betting on either an iffy relay board (even mine is iffy) or a bad relay or corroded sockets( take relay out and clean up and use small knife to spread out fingers on the relay--GENTLY) or some fuel injection wiring issue.

b
SLITS
Just remember, you only get fuel pump power for a few seconds when you turn the key on. After that, the starter has to be turning or the engine running.

SirAndy
you got the FI brain hooked up, right? and all the engine wiring too, right?

the FI brain controls the fuel pump ...
smile.gif Andy
kskwpb
.....6 AM EST....The weather man just said it's going to be 90 degrees ....It's a fine day to die! Mono & 914, we will fight the fuel system death match today! You guys are THE BEST....last night you gave me hope that this car will run....Fool that I am. The sun is starting to come up...I am strong, armed to the teeth w/tools ar15.gif ....CHARGE!!!
aveale
The fuel pump will run with the polarity backwards, but the engine won't run.

Ask me how I know.
Bleyseng
Jumper terminal 30 and the one 180 degrees opposite it to power the Fuel pump bypassing the relay. (pull relay first)

It should direct connect the + power to the fuel pump so it runs. (See wiring diagrams)

Your problem could lie in the connector at the front (towards the bulkhead) of the relay board. Carefully pull the black connector and with the key on you should have power to the top left prong.
Dave_Darling
Two troubleshooting guides for you--
Text: http://www.914fan.net/fuelpump.html
Graphical flowcharts: http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/FPChecklist.htm

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.