Ferg
anybody want to take a look for me biggrin.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=220001582332

Ferg beer.gif
TROJANMAN
nice ferg
good luck smile.gif
anthony
Looks like Chris Campbell's old car that was for sale in Texas recently. Somebody is flipping it?
Ferg
QUOTE(anthony @ Jun 25 2006, 09:29 PM) *

Looks like Chris Campbell's old car that was for sale in Texas recently. Somebody is flipping it?

Don't think so, I believe Chris's was repainted.

Ferg.
SirAndy
i'll look at it ... when and where?

beerchug.gif Andy
Demick
That is Howard Yao's car. He is a regular GGR PCA member, and he has autocrossed the car ocassionally for the last few years, which is how I know him. Absolutely beautiful car in top condition as far as I know. I can voutch that Howard is an honest, straight-up, super nice guy. I spoke to him a couple of months ago and he was talking about selling it just because he doesn't drive it much anymore. I really hate to see him sell it. The color stands out from all other 914's (I love the color!). Paint is original and in truely excellent condition as he has shown and described in the ad. I would really love to own that car.

Demick
Ferg
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 25 2006, 10:09 PM) *

i'll look at it ... when and where?

beerchug.gif Andy

Thanks Andy, i'm sent a email to the seller asking when he could show it, i'll let you know.

Ferg beer.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(Demick @ Jun 25 2006, 10:09 PM) *

That is Howard Yao's car. He is a regular GGR PCA member, and he has autocrossed the car ocassionally for the last few years, which is how I know him. Absolutely beautiful car in top condition as far as I know. I can voutch that Howard is an honest, straight-up, super nice guy. I spoke to him a couple of months ago and he was talking about selling it just because he doesn't drive it much anymore. I really hate to see him sell it. The color stands out from all other 914's (I love the color!). Paint is original and in truely excellent condition as he has shown and described in the ad. I would really love to own that car.

Demick

Demick,

Do you think it would be a good concour preservation class canidate?

TIA

Ferg smile.gif
BigDBass
Dang Ferg, bid early and often, eh? Good luck. Then you can have a Ravenna like mine! Well, maybe a teensy bit better than mine! biggrin.gif
Jeroen
wow! that's a good looking car
Demick

Demick,

TIA

Ferg smile.gif

I never looked over the car with a fine toothed comb, so I really cannot comment on that. I can really just say that it is a really beautiful car. Body is in excellent condition just like the pictures show. Nothing looks to be mis-represented in the ad. If you can have Andy go and look at it, that would probably be best. But be sure and get Howard's phone number and call him and ask all of your questions. He will give you straight answers and you can trust whatever he says. He honestly cares very much where this car goes and wants it to go to a good home.

Demick
Ferg
QUOTE(Demick @ Jun 26 2006, 06:36 AM) *

Demick,

TIA

Ferg smile.gif

I never looked over the car with a fine toothed comb, so I really cannot comment on that. I can really just say that it is a really beautiful car. Body is in excellent condition just like the pictures show. Nothing looks to be mis-represented in the ad. If you can have Andy go and look at it, that would probably be best. But be sure and get Howard's phone number and call him and ask all of your questions. He will give you straight answers and you can trust whatever he says. He honestly cares very much where this car goes and wants it to go to a good home.

Demick

You positive this is your friends Howards car??? Guy i'm talking to through ebay is Joe.

Ferg
Demick
Crap. That isn't Howard's car. Looks just like it. When I saw the pictures I assumed it was his since he was just talking about selling it (I mean how many near perfect Ravena Green 914's are in the Bay Area?). I did think the CB radio thing was odd (would'a remembered that). And then I now see the Monza exhaust which Howard did not have. But the real key is the vinyl around the windshield frame. Howard's car definitely did not have that. Sorry!!

Demick

Here's Howard's car
MoveQik
That is a really sharp car. I just outbid you. ph34r.gif
BigDBass
Yeah I was wondering about that "original" exhaust
LvSteveH
PULL...... THE....... TRIGGER poke.gif

It's only money poke.gif

I mean how bad could it be? poke.gif

laugh.gif

On edit: I showed my wife the pic of the Dijon bomb at the show you recently attended, she smacked me twice for selling it. Thanks!
Flat VW
I thought the buy it now price looked good! poke.gif

John
Flat VW
poke.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Jun 26 2006, 07:16 AM) *

Remind me to give you one of these slap.gif when I see you at WCC.

Ferg bootyshake.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jun 26 2006, 08:30 AM) *

Ferg bootyshake.gif

You and the Dijon Bomb will have to catch me first....and I'm hell on wheels after I get past second. driving.gif
Porsche Rescue
That car sure looks like a concours candidate. Price also seems about right for the market. Looks like new wiper blades and a front bumper top would be required for starters. Gotta keep the bumper sticker!
Ferg
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Jun 26 2006, 08:35 AM) *

That car sure looks like a concours candidate. Price also seems about right for the market. Looks like new wiper blades and a front bumper top would be required for starters. Gotta keep the bumper sticker!

what am I missing on the front bumper top, looks good in the pics? confused24.gif

Ferg
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Jun 26 2006, 07:33 AM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Jun 26 2006, 08:30 AM) *

Ferg bootyshake.gif

You and the Dijon Bomb will have to catch me first....and I'm hell on wheels after I get past second. driving.gif

battle of the yellow 1.8's
sounds like a real speed fest
Porsche Rescue
I should have said "rear". Looks like it is warped above the license plate.
horizontally-opposed
Right here in Novato, can go look so long as timing can be worked out...

pete
Ferg
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Jun 26 2006, 10:41 AM) *

Right here in Novato, can go look so long as timing can be worked out...

pete

Hey thanks Pete, I've email Andy, if he can't do it, i'll PM you.

Ferg beerchug.gif
Brad Roberts
I dont think this is Howards car. I spent a lot of time around his car.

It had a built 2.0 in it with a Header.

The car would have been "nicked" several times with rocks..

B
anthony
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jun 25 2006, 09:53 PM) *

QUOTE(anthony @ Jun 25 2006, 09:29 PM) *

Don't think so, I believe Chris's was repainted.

Ferg.

I was thinking that it was Chris's old car because of the black windshield frame.

-Anthony

Brad Roberts
I lived in Novato for 2+ years and held several 914 events..

Hard to imagine I didnt hear about this car or see it.

It only took 3 month to know everyone in Novato. Both of them...LOL

B
Ferg
Wow, guess i'm to slow, someone used the Buy it now for 12750...
Darn.
Thanks for the offers of PPI's.
Ferg sad.gif
Porsche Rescue
I thought it was priced right. Those of us who have been playing with these cars for a few years seem to be the last to realize that prices are going up rapidly.
rwjames
That is a beautiful car. Even at that price, someone has beautiful survivor. If I would have seen this sooner, I would have been really tempted even though I have my mind on pickin up an original six.
Ferg
I agree, I had no issue with the price, but wanted a inspection first, I have looked at to many cars that were not as described in the last 9 months to take that big of a gamble...

Ferg.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.