Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone Know This Car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GTeener

http://www.carshowing.com/posspragoff/pors...4_914/index.htm

Engine: 914-6 engine mounts were affixed to the firewall. Steve Timmins at Instant-G re-built a 1980 3.0 engine with 9.5 Mahle pistons and stock SC cams. Heads are ported and polished.

Intake manifolds with Weber 40mm carburetors were added. A Sachs clutch kit was installed and synchros were replaced in the transmission. A short shifter kit is used, as is a 911 starter.

Jeff Brubaker installed a front oil cooler and 15-quart 914-6 oil tank inside the left rear fender, and ran steel-braided oil lines throughout, with fittings at all bulkheads. Behind an opening in the front bumper and a mesh screen, a 914-6 GT fiberglass shield directs air to the oil cooler. An aluminum fuel line runs through the center tunnel to the engine.

The fuel pump is mounted in the engine bay's right wheel well, as is a 1-quart oil overflow tank. GPR provided an engine sheet metal kit. Removing the engine lid rain tray provided clearance for air cleaners.

Exhaust: New Tri-Flo stainless steel headers and heater boxes were fitted for winter comfort. Jeff centered chromed dual exhausts on a 911 sport muffler painted silver, exiting under a narrow black rear valence.

Emile Pragoff, Healdsburg, CA
Asking Price: $24,500 !!!

Can this car really be worth that much?!
Bleyseng
Yes, to the right buyer.

To me it better have steel factory flares no glass.

Nice car. drooley.gif
Aaron Cox
lotz of little stuff needs to be done...

new taillights... etc... lose the wetsuit seat covers
GTeener
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 26 2006, 10:18 AM) *

Ya, the wetsuit seat covers suggest that the project is not finished... That is why I am questioning the high price. confused24.gif
rhodyguy
asking price and offer are 2 seperate things. if the pictures are an indicator of the overall condition, i think one would be hard pressed to replicate this car for the same asking price.

k
RON S.
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 26 2006, 09:18 AM) *

QUOTE(GTeener @ Jun 26 2006, 09:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 26 2006, 10:18 AM) *

Ya, the wetsuit seat covers suggest that the project is not finished... That is why I am questioning the high price. confused24.gif

The car does look nice & clean,
But,looking at the interior is giving me a vision of that James Bond movie with the Lotus that drove off the pier and became a submarine.

Ron
GTeener
Curiously, there are no mechanical pictures? No engine bay, no under carriage, no HH idea.gif
GTeener
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 26 2006, 10:53 AM) *

if the pictures are an indicator of the overall condition, i think one would be hard pressed to replicate this car for the same asking price.

k

True. Isn't that what we are always lamenting here? Never being able to get our money out of our teener projects?

Since when do alleged well done conversions go for more than $20K?

We're not talking track car...nor historical car...
GTeener
Anyone know the seller, Emile "Poss" Pragoff or the mechanic, Jeff Brubaker?

lapuwali
There are at least three local conversions for sale in the $20-25K range. They're all nice cars, but all of them have been for sale for a long time. Are they worth this? Well, they're not selling at those prices...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.