Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Avatar won't update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cassidy_bolger
I have sized it correctly, and when I select then hit the 'update' button, it just skewed my old one to new strange proportions - makes my dog look kinda' funny.

I tried removing the old one and doing it again and it brought back the old one skewed again.

The new image is a 100KB jpeg that measures 125 x 110 pixels. I am on a MAC with a DSL connection.

what should I do?

thanks.
SirAndy
QUOTE(cassidy_bolger @ Jun 26 2006, 12:52 PM) *

what should I do?

how about you start by describing what your old avatar looks like and then tell me what your new one looks like as i have no clue ...

however, i can tell you what i currently see, which is a green 914 in front of a bunch of trees ...

easy things first, so let's start there ...
smile.gif Andy
Jeroen
I see a side shot of a green 914 "in the woods"

After you've uploaded your new avatar, try pressing CTRL+F5
Dr Evil
I just had the same problem yesterday with Noels avatar. It said it updated, but on the control page it still displayed the old one. I just tried to add it about 5 times unitl it took. I bet the page doesnt show the updated one, but that it does update on the board.

But what do i know about software....about 0.
double-a
this has happened to me a few times, the solution was to refresh the browser.

~a
lapuwali
Same here. When I replaced Asshole's Garage with the 911 fan, I first got the garage stretched vertically (big difference in aspect ratios). Doing a Ctrl-Refresh fixed that. It appears the image for the avatar has the same name for old and new, and the browser was just caching the old image, but using the new size, which I found odd.

This was Firefox, btw. IE may be different.
SirAndy
QUOTE(lapuwali @ Jun 26 2006, 03:36 PM) *

and the browser was just caching the old image

agree.gif your webbrowser is caching the old image locally on your computer. clear your cache or hit ctrl + the refresh button (might be apple or option on a mac) while looking at your avatar settings ...

smile.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.