Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats the word on the self aligning control arm mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
I have Polly bronze front bushings but have an alignment issue. The two points don't line up well. Its not bad but does bind a bit. Do these help ?
Self aligning bushing mount.
Brad Roberts
I guess I dont understand what is happening?

Do you mind explaining (the best your can) what is happening?

B
drive-ability
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 26 2006, 02:19 PM) *

I guess I dont understand what is happening?

Do you mind explaining (the best your can) what is happening?

B

Here is a link to whats going on.
Link
Jeroen
before you go out and spend mega bux on these thingies try this:

before tightning the bolts of your front suspension, move the arm up and down a couple of times (disconnect shock @ the balljoint and remove the t-bar adjuster bolt)
this will help align the parts
then tighten everything down

also make sure the front a-arm bracket is positioned as far back as the a-arm allows, otherwise your a-arm is able to move front/back

I did this and had no issues with binding
Mueller
those are a band-aid for a screwed up chassis.............
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 26 2006, 03:26 PM) *

agree.gif ask me how i know ...
drive-ability
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 26 2006, 03:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 26 2006, 03:26 PM) *

agree.gif ask me how i know ...

agree.gif I will disassemble everything and find out where the root problem is. There is not really much binding but I am going with needle barrings. The alignment needs to be right. Whats the best way to proceed?
Brad Roberts
It depends on what plane the arm binds.

If it is binding in a 2-3 inch range from parallel to the ground.. then play with the alignment. I learned to tighten everything down with the arm in the "flat" position.

I dont care if it binds and the arm is hanging straight down.

B
drive-ability
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 26 2006, 08:46 PM) *

It depends on what plane the arm binds.

If it is binding in a 2-3 inch range from parallel to the ground.. then play with the alignment. I learned to tighten everything down with the arm in the "flat" position.

I dont care if it binds and the arm is hanging straight down.

B

Thanks Brad,
That sure makes sense to me. Installing the Polly bronze made a difference compared to the urethane. I hope the needle bearings make as big a difference. smash.gif
Brad Roberts
I installed a set of PolyB rears this past weekend.. I wasnt impressed. They work, but they dont hold a candle to the roller bearings.

The shaft for poly setup had to be hammered into place. The shaft for the roller setup will FALL out of the arm smile.gif

I'm sure the poly setup would work well, but never as good as the roller.

B
Trekkor
If the the rollers are NLA, stop teasing us poke.gif

KT
Aaron Cox
NFL - not for long?
drive-ability
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 26 2006, 09:05 PM) *

I installed a set of PolyB rears this past weekend.. I wasnt impressed. They work, but they dont hold a candle to the roller bearings.

The shaft for poly setup had to be hammered into place. The shaft for the roller setup will FALL out of the arm smile.gif

I'm sure the poly setup would work well, but never as good as the roller.

B

Good to here that about the roller bearings. I should have them by Wednesday. beerchug.gif
eeyore
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 26 2006, 09:05 PM) *

The shaft for poly setup had to be hammered into place.

Did the guys deburr the inside of the PB bushing after it was drilled / tapped?

I didn't have a problem with the quickie install I did last year using one side of those exact same parts.
Mueller
QUOTE(trekkor @ Jun 26 2006, 10:01 PM) *

KT

I'm getting new pricing on the components this week....I've also been approached by a few people off-line that are willing to pre-purchase so that way the initial order should be covered and I'm not sitting on too much overhead. The problem I had in the past was that I'd charge the $3,000+ on my credit card for parts for a certain amount of kits and material and then once I sold a kit, I had a bad habit of NOT applying that money to my credit card headbang.gif screwy.gif

I have now since seen the light smile.gif I've also learned a few things about the manufacturing that is making things easier on me (paying someone else to do make some of the part as well as streamlining the process for the parts I do decide to make in house....it's all a learning experiance)

turbo914v8
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 26 2006, 10:52 PM) *

QUOTE(trekkor @ Jun 26 2006, 10:01 PM) *

KT

I'm getting new pricing on the components this week....I've also been approached by a few people off-line that are willing to pre-purchase so that way the initial order should be covered and I'm not sitting on too much overhead. The problem I had in the past was that I'd charge the $3,000+ on my credit card for parts for a certain amount of kits and material and then once I sold a kit, I had a bad habit of NOT applying that money to my credit card headbang.gif screwy.gif

I have now since seen the light smile.gif I've also learned a few things about the manufacturing that is making things easier on me (paying someone else to do make some of the part as well as streamlining the process for the parts I do decide to make in house....it's all a learning experiance)

Well let’s get the ball rolling. I will pre purchase a set front and rear NOW. I suggest the rest of you jaw flappers anti up and do the same. We almost lost a great 914 product here let’s not let this happen again. Mike thanks for continuing to supply a great product.
914forme
Okay update please getting ready to buy Poly Bronzes if these are comming back onto market, I am ready , need front and rears?

So Mike whats the ETA looking like now?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.