Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone running a 3.6 in the 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
My partner and I have developed a dual 3.6 (964) performance chip.....one side is stock configuration...the other is performance chip that has dyno'd out to add 16+hp over and 3.6 motor output equipped with headers.......

I also have a Cyntek chip available....lemme know if anyone is interested.....
mightyohm
I saw that on PP... Who's the EE between you guys?
Nice work.
siverson
Hi Mike,

I'd be interested in trying. I just got my car running (whoohoo! pictures to follow shortly...) and had a custom Autothority chip made that I can't get to work at all (doesn't start). Car runs and idles fine with the stock chip, but this new chip is worthless. Engine is:

1991 3.6 w/ factory Motronic
Euro RS cams
Andial valve springs
upgraded connecting rod bolts
6.85 lbs flywheel
Bursch headers, Dansk SS dual in/out muffler (smile.gif

-Steve
Mueller
My partner and I have.........
so, which one are you?
Siegfried or Roy smile.gif

What are you charging for this? Is this chip "based" on the RUF chip?
campbellcj
As IF a 3.6 914 needs "more power" lol2.gif
campbellcj
QUOTE(siverson @ Oct 7 2003, 02:21 PM)
What's the advantage of having is "switchable"? When do you really ever want to go slow? smile.gif

I suspect it's mainly a benefit in "before and after" testing as well as a potential necessity for the guys whose cars are still subject to smog nazi inspections, like Mikey's 911SC 3.6. The real zinger is when there is a service bulletin or recall that results in the dealer overlaying your custom software with the new (stock) factory code. Of course both of these scenarios are non-issues with most of our 914's and 911's. For my Audi, I have a spare stock Motronic ECU to drop in for smog inspections and also for when I used to take it in for warranty service. (Having the dealer find any software or boost mods on a warranty car is a no-no). Then I have a socketed box with two different Garret/GIAC chips; one for street gas and one for 100+ octane. At the time the switchable stuff was just coming out and was mucho expensive.
Joe Bob
The chip is a combo of Ruf and Cyntex with some special mods added from our experience.....any interested can contac tme direct at 356@cox.net

Or they can just buy the straight Cyntex one that I no longer need......

BTW...the other advantage of the dual chip is when you are running crappy California octane and only need stock preformance...you have the ability to do so....the performance chip will retard the system and run at less than optimum with less than 93 octane....

BTW2....Ingo has a Doctorate from some Uni in the Fatherland....we also have dyno sheets on the chips....
need4speed
Just curious - do you guys shoot new chips specifically for this application, or do you use an FPGA of some kind?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.