Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another eBay special.....guy is omitting the VIN on a 914/6 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Link

It's nicely done but no VIN and it's a 73.....no engine size. Wonder if there will be a response to my inquiry.....
ptravnic
It says it was an upgrade - not original six... At least thats how I read the description... Looks like a very nice car - might be about 5K too high for a conversion but hey, thats why ebay is what it is. I'd be happy owning that car for $13K or so.

-pt
Eddie Williams
Car was owned by skateboard king, Fausto Vitello, of Independent and Thrasher fame. I think this was discussed a few days ago...
VaccaRabite
Man, I have not thought about Thrasher Magazine in a decade and a half.

I had no idea it was still being published.

Zach
nomore9one4
That seemed to have sold easy enough confused24.gif Nice looking car. price however screwy.gif
GTeener
Must be the 'celebrity ownership' premium price confused24.gif

"Executing an exact reproduction of a 914/6 is extremely expensive and cost prohibitive, however this car was never intended to be sold by the owner."

What?! 6 conversions are done all the time!? screwy.gif Owning ANY 914 (aka old car) is expensive and irrational slap.gif
Howard
I dunno, fair price for what seems to be a really nice car. Would hate to have to duplicate it for 20k. I think some of us are underestimating the value of our cars.
TravisNeff
"has had all her needs taken care of and meticulously maintained with an open checkbook to insure the quality of the work. Executing an exact reproduction of a 914/6 is extremely expensive and cost prohibitive, however this car was never intended to be sold by the owner."

Whats up with the 73 chassis, 70-72 front bumper, 74 rear bumper? that doesn't match the statement above. Nice car though.
Joe Bob
Been two days and no answer to my inquiries....
914-8
given that the car has already been sold, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a response from them.
Eric_Shea
Old news... posted here last week. Ezekiel need to take his Alzheimer's meds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.