Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: frnt calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
willrc
confused24.gif just a quick ?
are the front calipers the same on both sides? On the one im fixing the right side caliper sticks. and on my parts car also. are they interchangable??
Thank you wise men!!

rich

aktion035.gif
Part Pricer
They are interchangeable. They are the same.
Dr Evil
Interchangeable, banjo goes in the middle biggrin.gif
willrc
I have already mounted it just wanted to check and see.
thanks. Rich rocking nana.gif
Brad Roberts
What banjo?

Only the early cars have banjo's.

Make sure the bleeder screw is UP.

B
Eric_Shea
Great advice for the new guy laugh.gif confused24.gif

No... they're not the same.

Bleeders go up. Early cars with those banjos only have one bleeder and it belongs up top. Later cars have two bleeders but they're still different. The top bleeder is inset further than the bottom.

Those could "probably" be interchanged but...

Make sure the notches in the piston tops are facing the direction of the rotor as it comes through the caliper. They should be 20 degrees off the vertical pad line. If you put the left caliper on the right... you'll want to switch them back.
Dr Evil
Ahhh, mixing up car parts in my mind. Sorry, cant be 100% all of the time, only many times wink.gif
Eric_Shea
Good thing you're not a doctor w00t.gif
Dr Evil
flipa.gif I am only 1/4 of a Dr......unfortunately it is the 1/4 that doesnt realy know a lot of practical stuff, but I can sure save someone that comes into the ER with a genetic deficiency dry.gif I hated 1st year.

Actually, I guess it is good I am not a Vet! I would be getting my species mixed up and stuff biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.