Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlee6204
I own a 74 2.0L that I am doing a rotissire restoration on. When I bought the car, it came with the chrome bumpers, fog lights, center console, air conditioning, chrome luggage rack, and sway bars. It also had the plain steel wheels on it and to me that seems fishy. Do the steel wheels sound right for such a well optioned car or is that just me? If not, what would have been the correct wheels for the year?
Brad Roberts
It had Fuchs 2.0 alloys on it. Somebody took them off sad.gif

B
McMark
No way to know for sure 100%, but I agree that it likely had Fuchs.
gregrobbins
Shameless plug.

Nice set of five listed for sale in the classified section.
dlee6204
Well I know that one of the previous owners got into a financial bind and he ended up trading the car for a set of new garage doors so they were probably switched to get some extra cash at some point. The same thing probably happened to the front bumper and the luggage rack because both of those were missing when i first bought the car. Luckily, thats about all that was missing. But hey, this just gives me a better excuse for nice wheels! Thanks!
JeffBowlsby
nay nay...

My 1974 2.0L 914 came the same way...chrome bumpers, center console, sway bars, fog lights...and steel wheels.

In 1974 all the appearance and sport group items were ala carte...
Dave_Darling
A "Certificate of Authenticity" would likely tell you if the steelies are original to the car or not. They were running about $100 last I heard, direct from PCNA (Porsche Cars North America).

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.