Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wher'd JP go and....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
brant
How come my jesting... threats about taking on all comers in a colorado style autox hasn't gotten a response from JP or the Westcoast/eastcoast gangs....

URY914
I thought it was cute. But I could take my bodywork off and stomp them big tire hotrods. driving.gif
brant
yeah... but do you have enough ground clearance to get through the soft sand?

URY914
QUOTE(brant @ Jun 27 2006, 08:54 AM) *

yeah... but do you have enough ground clearance to get through the soft sand?

I'll just crank up my coil overs and front bars. biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
Shoot them big FATTY tiars would just float over the deep stuff.
All your mountian boy hot rods would be owned by a couple Gulf Coast Teeners.
brant
I see...

sorta like a beach cruiser bicycle does well in the sand...

but hey..
this porscheee is diesel powered, and I heard that them diesel powered race cars are the thing of the future..

I heard that them oudi race cars are diesel powered even.

J P Stein
There's this D-8 Cat down the street where maybe I could borrow his tracks & suspenders, do a Q&D adaptation to the shit box, beef up my trailer & tow to Colorado. idea.gif
Humm....this is beginning to sound more & more like a bad idear.....I gibe up, you win
nine14cats
My father in law has a D8 on his 187 acres in Oregon. I was thinking of changing the metal compound on the tracks to get it to stick better when railing through the turn.

Anyone know how big of Webers to run on a D8 Cat?

Bill P.

laugh.gif
grantsfo
Speaking of tractors, these guys scare me. Sort of a Deliverance meets karting thing. ...Are you suggesting something like this?

http://www.lawnmowerplace.com/mltr/
brant
good one...
good ones...

definitely no deliverance implications...

wonder how fast those lawn mower contraptions go though...

hey, I went to watch the paved 1/8th mile american stuff run the other day. Had fun hanging out in the pits and was lucky enough to know someone... Anyways.. they were having a great old time.
I kinda want to get one of those legend cars and take a try at it...
wonder what it cost to rent one of those.

surprised I would ever say something like that.. but there was some real skill and damn good racing going on there...

Bill.... I've got some old zeniths for a long term project that I'm not using yet. If you need to borrow them for the D8 I could "borrow them too ya"

brant
J P Stein
I think I'm loosing it.......after watching all racing on the tube...NASCAR, F1,ALMS,GRAND AM, CART, IRL....all them effin' alphabets, I find the most exciting to be migets on asphalt...(MOA?). I really miss em' on Thursday (or friday/Saturday) Night Thunder.....not that NASCAR Channel gives a shit
brant
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 27 2006, 11:08 PM) *

I think I'm loosing it.......after watching all racing on the tube...NASCAR, F1,ALMS,GRAND AM, CART, IRL....all them effin' alphabets, I find the most exciting to be migets on asphalt...(MOA?). I really miss em' on Thursday (or friday/Saturday) Night Thunder.....not that NASCAR Channel gives a shit

JP,

you should look it up for your local area and go watch some of them.
dang.. the live american stuff is pretty awesome.
when I went they had midgets and also super modifieds..

900hp with alcohol injection and BIG wings on a paved 1/8th mile is pretty exciting.
well worth the price of entry.

heck go blow a saturday and do it.

it was amazing.
I slept in until 9am.

and was home by 4pm.

a short day but plenty exciting.

now I want to try driving against those fellas.

imagine I'll get blown away... but sliding out to the cement wall sure looks interesting and challenging.

brant
sww914
OK, you've talked me into it. There's a 1/3 mile banked clay oval 20 miles from my house, and in 20 years, I've never been there, so We're going tonight.
brant
sounds fun..
definitely would like to hear feed back afterwards about your thoughts.

what kind of cars were running there?

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.