Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: got my RC 1/10 shell today - perfect timing, David
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
perfect timing - today my "917 Hippy Le Mans winner Inspired" 1/10 shell arrived smilie_pokal.gif

perfect work from David (djm914-6) thumb3d.gif
many thanks pray.gif

unfortunately customs duty made it more expensive than expected, but who cares biggrin.gif

now I try to find a correct chassis with these nice rims:
(Tamiya M-02L)

IPB Image

maybe this one would also be a candidate:
(Tamiya M-04L)

IPB Image

both of 'em would fit - both are rear drive
unfortunately they're NLA in Europe and overseas shipping and customs duty are simply too much
but I'm sure to find a good one smile.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
djm914-6
look at buying a M04M kit. The kits have the parts needed to lenghen the chassis to M04L specs and cost far less. Worry about the rims later if you don't like teh ones in these kits.

Kits to try:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXFSG4&P=0
IPB Image

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXGYP4&P=0
IPB Image

djm914-6
Oh yeah...
You're welcome and thank you for buying the shell.

Now if only we could find a source for the rims that came with this kit...

IPB Image
Gustl
David, thanks for your hints

I just looked around the web and found out that the M-04M kits just cost the same than the M-02L Porsche Boxster kit that I recently bought on eBay
I'd say that's a very reasonable price smile.gif
as you can see it's unbuilt, new in box
I'm happily looking forward to get it within the next couple of days IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

wavey.gif Gustl
djm914-6
Good Score!

Look into this place for some info when you need it:
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/
http://tamiyaclub.com/cs/forums/default.aspx

These are some serious Tamiya collectors and are a wealth of knowledge on Tamiya cars. I've used the club to locate some hard to find parts already plus the videos are pretty cool too.

Post up some pics when you get it done... or should I have sold you the 1/10 scale jack stands too? biggrin.gif
mikerose
Post up some pics when you get it done... or should I have sold you the 1/10 scale jack stands too? biggrin.gif
[/quote]

Hi David, Can I get a set of four jack stands for my shell? We should talk about paint on the 1/10 shell. I so much liked the job you did for me on my Red car.

Mike cool_shades.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jul 8 2006, 11:40 PM) *

Post up some pics when you get it done...

be sure I will do so IPB Image

many thanks for the links to the "Tamiya world" thumb3d.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
djm914-6
Wolfgang, just be warned that these are about as adicting as full size 914s. You can't have just one. biggrin.gif

Mike, shoot me an email. The 1/10 scale jack stands were made for me by a friend from scratch. I don't even know what to ask for a price. As for your RC shell, just let me know what you want.
Gustl
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jul 10 2006, 01:33 AM) *

Wolfgang, just be warned that these are about as adicting as full size 914s. You can't have just one. biggrin.gif

you should have told me that before dry.gif

biggrin.gif Gustl
Gustl
I always was wondering about Davids description "917 Hippy Le Mans winner Inspired" of this RC shell idea.gif

IPB Image

accidently I've found the solution smilie_pokal.gif

Porsche 917K Martini
Siffert & Ahrens
6 hrs of Kyalami

don't know if this car also won LeMans confused24.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
djm914-6
Actually I don't know for sure of that 917 ever won LeMans. One of the models I've seen of the car said it was a LeMans winner but I never checked if it was fact.

I need to do another shell like that one again. That's what I wanted my full size car to look like.
Gustl
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jul 8 2006, 08:06 PM) *

Now if only we could find a source for the rims that came with this kit...

IPB Image

David, after intensive research I got these photos today.
A german friend sent them to me.
He told me, that another guy he knows made a couple of Fuchs rims sets.
Unfortunately they're all sold, but I thought I should ask him if he would make more of them?

wavey.gif Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.