Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: ebay winner stiffs me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dflesburg
So the winner of my ebay listing sends me an email that basically says, "Ooops! sorry I bid and won your item." I didn't want it.

What would you do?
porschecb
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
ptravnic
Give negative feedback and repost it. Or try the 2nd highest bidder to see if he/she has interest at or near the winning bid price.

Bad people out there in the real world. Contrary to the real world is this board. Quite a relief on this board b/c people are BAD A$$! drunk.gif beerchug.gif
hwgunner
Send a non paying bidder note to them and ebay will eventually refund the final value fee. also offer it to the second highest bidder thru the scond chance offer link. That price should be very close to the sale price. Then mark your calander for 90 days from the sale date so that you can give them negative feedback at the very last moment and they will not be able to respond. If the second high bidder does not buy then make sure that you use the relist link on the auction when you relist so that when it does sell you will get refunded your original insertion fee.
VegasRacer
agree.gif Exactly.
ptravnic
Ooohhhh, me likey the 90 day to post feedback option... I accidentally purchased the wrong thing once and immediately followed up w/the seller and offered to pay the cost of reposting. Was quite a few yrs ago when I was an ebay virgin... The seller was very understanding and no harm was done.

Sounds like your flaky buyer is just a punk arse hole.

Toast
Well said! clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.