Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "rebuilt" MPS from Auto Atlanta
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drewvw

Okay....put aside the AA bashing for a second.

I was validating the part number my spare MPS at lunch and noticed they have "Rebuilt" ones for 192 bucks..

anybody ever run one...ripoff? deal? who cares?

finding an unmolested MPS that appears to have the diaphram intact in my box of parts for the PO was mighty fun!
Bleyseng
av-943.gif
ptravnic
Sounds like Bleysing (Geoff) has been doing rebuilds on these for around $200. I'd say go w/him before AA, simply b/c he's not doing it as a primary business and seems to have a good reputation in these parts...

I've not had problems w/AA myself. Have used them in the past and will use them in the future (when PP doesn't have the part).

-pt
ptravnic
OK, funny man Geoff got his post in there while I was writing my first... My thoughts still apply.

-pt
drewvw
GOTCHA!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This thread was meant in part to draw out Bleyseng, as I have heard from other members that he does a great job rebulding these things.

Just trying to have a little fun....Geoff I have at least one I am going to need rebuilt pretty soon. I will drop you a line.
ptravnic
DOH! Glad I put mine in the mail today en route to Geoff! Could be a line forming...

poke.gif
drewvw

pete somehow in the last 2 days you and I have basically been going after all the same topics...or smae problems as it were biggrin.gif
ptravnic
QUOTE(drewvw @ Jun 27 2006, 11:00 AM) *

pete somehow in the last 2 days you and I have basically been going after all the same topics...or smae problems as it were biggrin.gif

Must be something in the NE air... Or maybe it's Yankee/Red Sox battles...

All jokes aside, we're certain to be able to help each other out. PM'ing you.

-pt
dralf
huh.gif
I bought a MPS from AA about 6 months ago for I was uncertain regarding finding all the right stuff for a rebuilt version, and at that time the AA price was about $50 bucks less I think.

Well I have been driving the car and I am happy with the performance. It idles much better, perhaps run a tad rich, but for my Sunday drives, I say go for it inless you can get a 914 club member to supply you a working one.

If you buy the AA one, it might be rebuilt from my old core for if I recall the core charge was $100 and I sure wanted that money back.
Bleyseng
The last one I saw from AA had a new diaphram soldered in around the central stop. It didn't have the proper throttle response either so take your chances.

Yeah I rebuild them but not to make money really. Mostly to provide a decent working MPS to the 2.0l crowd as Brett Ins. rebuilds all of them to 1.7L calibration.

I have a very limited number of good ones at the moment.
carr914
Alright, Can the AA bashing start now?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.