Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 spotting JAPAN
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shaggy
my girlfriend, amanda, is in japan on some exchange student thing for another week or so...
i got an email from her saying that she and her host family were driving, i dont know to or from where, and she was disappointed because there are only a few nice cars in japan...

"...we were driving in the car(suckiest time ever cause there are no good cars to look at and they all make me want to vomit) and all of a sudden i see this cute little yellow car zipping around... i look again and its a 914! i was pretty proud of myself because i knew it was a 914 when we were pretty far away..."

i havent heard from her since then and that was a few days ago.
once shes back here ill make sure to figure out exactly what yellow it was and see what else she can tell me.
i think shes coming back on saturday...
i should know, im picking her up from the airport, but i dont...

-shaggy
xitspd
QUOTE(shaggy @ Jun 27 2006, 11:46 AM) *

my girlfriend, amanda, is in japan on some exchange student thing for another week or so...
i got an email from her saying that she and her host family were driving, i dont know to or from where, and she was disappointed because there are only a few nice cars in japan...

"...we were driving in the car(suckiest time ever cause there are no good cars to look at and they all make me want to vomit) and all of a sudden i see this cute little yellow car zipping around... i look again and its a 914! i was pretty proud of myself because i knew it was a 914 when we were pretty far away..."

once shes back here ill make sure to figure out exactly what yellow it was and see what else she can tell me.

Jim,

Where is your girlfriend staying? I had been to Japan 157 times. I have seen more exotic cars on the streets there than anywhere else on earth. I have exported several Porsches for friends. Tell her to visit the massive Porsche/Ferrari museum in Kariuzawa if she has the time. The museum is owned by one person. My dentist in Toyko has a glass coffee table in his office that is supported by a factory 959 engine.

www.porsche914club.jp/
www.porsche.co.jp/clubs/club/default.htm

Check out the Japanese 914 Club's web-site. They are almost as crazy as we are!!!!! Very clean machines.

Skyline GT-R, WRX STI, Lancer EVO V11 and NISMO GT-R also make nice eye candy on the streets.

Dan

-shaggy
shaggy
id tell her that but her host family wont let her go im sure.

shes 16 now, 17 tomorrow(28th)

her host family wont let the other kids on the exchange trip for her birthday so i highly doubt theyll let her go to that museum.

shes on sister city, i have no idea where shes staying.
it begins with an H and i cant pronounce it...

all i know is shes having a horrible time.
she got sick as hell and no one speaks english.
she says people just point and laugh at her and they want to "touch" her.
im not quite sure what "touch" means, but its creepin' her out...
and all she says is "i want to come home"...

-shaggy
xitspd
Man, I am sorry she is having such a bad trip. She must be in the sticks with a strange host family. Most of my friends in Japan have children that speak English fairly well. It is taught in all Junior and Senior Highs. In fact we have a joke about the new hybrid language Jinglish! She has picked the worst month of the year to visit. June is the height of the rainy season and it is very humid. October through April (Cherry Bloosom Month) is the best time to visit.

I have fond memories in Japan as a young man and an adult. Attached is a picture from an interview at a race track in Ibaraki Ken north of Tokyo about 10 years ago.

I wish I could help her.

Dan
jimtab
QUOTE(shaggy @ Jun 27 2006, 11:46 AM) *

-shaggy
I can't believe I got to this first....
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
redshift
QUOTE(shaggy @ Jun 27 2006, 02:46 PM) *

-shaggy

I like your style, however you should try to be available if she calls when she gets in.

BEATS PARKING

M
grantsfo
914 Club in Japan

http://www.porsche914club.jp/index2.html
Toast
ohmy.gif
WOW! That is amazing! I didn't think they had room for a car in Japan, let alone a 914!! Cooooool!

:hijack:
xitspd, great to see you posting again. Hope all is well. There is an In n Out dinner this friday and a jsharp.gif on July 4th. If you can make it to either one it would be great to see you!.
shaggy
"I can't believe I got to this first....
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif"

you want pics of the car or her?

i dont have any picks of her im at my friends house and im checkin up on the site, ya im addicted...
when i get home ill add one if tis in jpg format.

i heard shes out in the sticks she says shes surrounded by rice patties

i wish i would pull the no parking thing, miles, but shell bitch if i dont go carry her damn bags for her... dry.gif , all 4 that she took.
nbscooters
that is soooo cool. ive been to japan 4 times and its possibly the greatest place. i didn't think 914s would exist out there because of the amount of rain.
shaggy
amanda and i at prom

for JIMTAB and all
shaggy
QUOTE(nbscooters @ Jun 27 2006, 11:38 PM) *

that is soooo cool. ive been to japan 4 times and its possibly the greatest place. i didn't think 914s would exist out there because of the amount of rain.

she has only described it as "the worst experience of (her) life"...

shes not thinking its cool trust me...

my friend is there on the same program as her.
hes 17.
and going to be a senior.
the mother of his host family has been making him go to junior high(7th grade) everyday with their daughter!
appearently hes been having a horribly time as well.

-shag
1970 Neun vierzehn
The 914 your girlfriend saw was probably the "test mule" Honda used for the "del Sol" project. biggrin.gif
shaggy
del sols make me wanna vomit...

she said it was a very true yellow so i think it was cancay or summer yellow...
Eric_Shea
At least I know now why they call you Shaggy... errrrrrrrrr... "Raa-Aggy" lol3.gif

Do you eat pickle, bologna, peanut butter and jelly sandwich stacks? confused24.gif

Kits are one the way BTW wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.