Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash dress up kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dinomium
My dash has a peice of warped mahongany and is missing the chunk for the glovebox so I am thinking a premade kit would be nice. Yes I could do it myself, but I am short on time these days...
I found these guysDash Kit has anybody ordered from them? I am thinking maybe the carbon fiber look...

who have you used? pix would be nice!
Thanks!!
MoveQik
I haven't seen the kit you mention but I bought the carbon fiber kit from 9Xauto.com. Went in easily and looks great. I get a lot of compliments on it. Check my blog for pics, there might be a few.
McMark
Never heard of them. Order one up. biggrin.gif
dinomium
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Jun 27 2006, 12:29 PM) *

I haven't seen the kit you mention but I bought the carbon fiber kit from 9Xauto.com. Went in easily and looks great. I get a lot of compliments on it. Check my blog for pics, there might be a few.

Yeah, that DOES look good! I think that 9x and these guys get thier stuff from the same company... Same samples anyway!

Which CF pattern is that?
MoveQik
QUOTE(dinomium @ Jun 27 2006, 01:00 PM) *

QUOTE(MW 914 @ Jun 27 2006, 12:29 PM) *

Yeah, that DOES look good! I think that 9x and these guys get thier stuff from the same company... Same samples anyway!

Which CF pattern is that?

2x2CF...I think. However, my receipt says "914DK CF"
MoveQik
FYI, it is not a rigid material. It is very flexible. Sorta looks like carbon fiber material coated with a very pliable(rubbery) clear coat. I was under the impression that it would be like a CF decklid cut for the dash. Not so. It still looks and works great, however.
dinomium
Good to know, thanks again! I did find this site for the DYI in all of us...
Dragon Plate yummy CF
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.