Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kerry Hunter headers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMXerror
Just a real quick question. Anyone know if the Kerry Hunter 4 to 1 headers will fit around a deep sump kit? It looks like it will in the picture, but I just want to be sure. Thanks
Mark D.
Aaron Cox
euro race headers by george narbel are nicer IMO

i love mine...
Joe Ricard
Tangerine fit VERY nicely
and I love mine MORE.
Brad Roberts
I tend to stay away from the Hunter setup.

The lack of removable stub tubes.. leaves a lot to be desired.

B
BMXerror
Anyone use the hunter headers with a deep sump? Do you have a link to the Euro headers you recomended? What do you lose with the stub pipes? Thanks again.
Mark D.
Aaron Cox
stub pipes rock. they are like 5" tubes that go from the head... and then you connect the header to them. mucho better than a kerry....

Tangerine is the bomb for like 2k...
euro race is listed in the RESOURCES section of the boad....
ottox914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 27 2006, 07:29 PM) *

stub pipes rock. they are like 5" tubes that go from the head... and then you connect the header to them. mucho better than a kerry....

Tangerine is the bomb for like 2k...
euro race is listed in the RESOURCES section of the boad....

The Tangerine may be the bomb, but for the bucks, I'm happy with my KH system. When I win the lotto or someone I know who has $$$ dies and leaves me a pile of $$$, I'd consider the upgrade.

Dig up the Feb '02 GRM for a compairo of different options for exhaust on your 914.

Good luck and good shopping.
Houston
Interesting timing. I have been trying to order headers from Hunter for about six weeks. I left messages at his office, home and cell phone and he wont call me back. He doesnt seem to be too interested in this as a business. At one point, I caught him on the cell and he asked if he could call me back...but never did. I wonder what it would be like if I had problems with the headers. Im looking for alternatives now.
Aaron Cox
call george narbel of european racing headers....

his info i slisted in the resources forum on one of the last pages
BMXerror
Yeah, I was wondering how 'professional' that guy was from the look of his site. Also the fact that his 'business' is just selling one model of headers for one car. Still, the price is good, and I haven't heard any BAD reviews. Even so, I'm also considering building my own. Just want to research both first. Thanks for the info guys.
Mark D.
Houston
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Jun 28 2006, 09:32 AM) *

Yeah, I was wondering how 'professional' that guy was from the look of his site. Also the fact that his 'business' is just selling one model of headers for one car. Still, the price is good, and I haven't heard any BAD reviews. Even so, I'm also considering building my own. Just want to research both first. Thanks for the info guys.
Mark D.

I talked to him once. Seemed like a real nice guy and said he had raced 914s. I cant figure it out. He has another guy build the headers for him.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Jun 28 2006, 01:32 PM) *

Yeah, I was wondering how 'professional' that guy was from the look of his site.

Never think just because a site sucks that a guy isn't a pro. Almost every gearhead I know don't know or give a shit about computers.

I don't want a nerd working on my car/parts I want a gearhead.
carr914
Kerry is a great guy and usually is quite accesssable. I know that a couple times a year, his real business takes over. I really liked my KH 4 cyl set-up( I had it on 2 different cars) and I love my KH 914-6 headers. To show what a stand-up guy Kerry is, when I inquired about the -6 headers, he had a concern as another customer had returned them saying they didn't fit. Kerry sent them to me knowing that my engine wasn't ready. Six months later my motor was done, I fitted the headers (they were perfect, I don't know what the other guy was thinking) and I called Kerry to ask him how much I owed him. He had basically forgot about it, but was thankful they fit and I was happy.
Kerry is a great guy (a little political, but) and the guy making the headers is very consistant. And I think his prices are very good.

T.C.
BMXerror
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 30 2006, 07:51 AM) *

Never think just because a site sucks that a guy isn't a pro. Almost every gearhead I know don't know or give a shit about computers.

I don't want a nerd working on my car/parts I want a gearhead.

Wasn't trying to pass judgement on Kerry; I don't know him. My IMPRESSION was that his business wasn't really all that set up... that's all. I could be wrong about that as well. No harsh thoughts sent his way.
Anyways, I'm still thinking about the home made headers though, and I'll have to discuss that with my brother(the fabricator). If it's possible to go that route, I will, but there's a couple bugs I need to work out in the design first.
Mark D.
Mark Henry
I'm not defending him, as I don't know him. I'm just commenting on the statement, I've heard it before, just because someone doesn't have a bitch'in site doesn't mean squat.

Look at my site, it sucks and it's hard to get a hold of me (on purpose) I'm booked till next year and I turn away work every day, so I don't care.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.