Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bi-Lux lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Dion
bye1.gif My car is in no way concour material,but I try to keep it in shape. My question is this. What are Bi-Lux lights. My car has Sylvania sealed beam headlights.
I recently aquired an original owners manual for my year 73'. In the headlight descriptions it mentions H4 halogen,Bi-lux, and sealed beam,depending on country. My "original"manual-the one thqat came with the car,also dated 73" is completely different in colour and layout. It is printed in Germany. Is this manual for another country though printed in English and what are Bi=lux? confused24.gif wavey.gif Thanks in advance. Cheers,Dion
Dion
No one knows the answer to the headlight question or no one cares to reply? dry.gif
McMark
From a quick google search of "bilux headlights":

""Bilux" is Osram's tradename for two-filament headlamp bulbs, not a description of the type of bulb."

From what I gather, they only specify BiLux, because it was a brand name, but it's the same as your standard sealed beam US headlight.
Dion
Thanks Mark,appreciate the answer.
914runnow
QUOTE(Dion @ Jun 27 2006, 01:19 PM) *

bye1.gif My car is in no way concour material,but I try to keep it in shape. My question is this. What are Bi-Lux lights. My car has Sylvania sealed beam headlights.
I recently aquired an original owners manual for my year 73'. In the headlight descriptions it mentions H4 halogen,Bi-lux, and sealed beam,depending on country. My "original"manual-the one thqat came with the car,also dated 73" is completely different in colour and layout. It is printed in Germany. Is this manual for another country though printed in English and what are Bi=lux? confused24.gif wavey.gif Thanks in advance. Cheers,Dion

Can you shoot a pic of the two manuals side by side???
Dion
hijacked.gif Here is a pic of the manuals. My original is the orange. It came with the car. I bought it used in 86'
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.