Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuch style plastic wheel cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
Yes I am in search of a pair of these tacky looking wheel covers, I found a pair on a poor 914 on 4sale on ebay but I dont need the car.

I have searched everywhere for these fugly things, I though for sure JC Whitney WTF.gif would have them but no luck.

I want them for my Tow Dolly I dont want to fabricate 5 lug hubs for my Dolly yet. blink.gif

Does anyone have a set of these stashed away somewhere. barf.gif

Rand
laugh.gif That's awesome. I haven't seen those before. aktion035.gif 50' 5-lug conversion on the cheap! laugh.gif
iamchappy
You use to see them all the time on Bugs.
i love porsche
nycchef has em on his car...and SHOULD get rid of them..but thats just my opinion
iamchappy
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Jun 27 2006, 03:23 PM) *

nycchef has em on his car...and SHOULD get rid of them..but thats just my opinion

A good friend would tell him so. poke.gif
Eric_Shea
i am looking for these tacky things 4 my tow dolly

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you are... av-943.gif
iamchappy
Come on, someones got a set of these laying around but are afraid to admit it.

I want'um..
iamchappy
This ones got it going on. Ni thumb3d.gif ce
type47fan
These have been hanging in my garage as decorations since 1978! Back then, as an experiment, I bought a new center cap, painted it, and mounted it in the one on the right. These fit 15" steel wheels.

They're actually two piece covers made from aluminum. The mounting scraper tabs are all but missing on the left one, but could easily be fabricated. You could even send them to AR for refinishing clap56.gif

PM sent . . . . biggrin.gif

Thanks,
URY914
Go to the wheels section of thesamba.com

They'll be some there.
URY914
Here's the link...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/cat.php?id=25

15 pages of wheels and tires. If you don't see them, ask for them.
nycchef
they are off my car. it's good to have "good friends" they are yours if you want em. whats a fair price? do you have any chewing gum? will pm you.
iamchappy
av-943.gif This is amusing, I just went outside and pulled the rims off of the rusty crusty Tow Dolly to try and fiqure out if it was worth it to fab up some hubs for a pair of real fuchs -" w00t.gif IT"S NOT"

I come back in, and I have your PM's up.

This club is the greatest beerchug.gif , I bet I wasted hours trying to search for them on the internet, I even looked over Samba and all the bug forums and clubs.
If my Dolly was nicer I would go all out and put the real ones on.

The real ones on my car will have to do.

The Fuch covers on the Dolly are perfect to help dress it up. I plan on blasting it a little then get a nice coat of rustoleum gloss black on it.

Chap
Joe Bob
Ah go play with yer Dolly....
iamchappy
As long as she pulls like a hundred dollar hand job, I'll be happy!
msglaigaie
I was looking at that green 914 last night. She is selling it as a "1974 Porche 914, 1.8 liter engine". Now I own a 1974 Porsche 914, and man "it don't look like dat!!" I PMed her asking about the convieniently missing vin number suggesting that she take another look at the title and she replyed with "Duh, I should have thought of that, I will ask my brother for the title".......... cue the scary music. Big black rubber bumpers must be a replacement for those ugly steel ones. and do not send this woman any money. MSG L
marks914
Hey John,
Remember this car?....
marks914
It looks like this now, V8 and all

Mark

ptravnic
QUOTE(nycchef @ Jun 27 2006, 06:25 PM) *

they are off my car. it's good to have "good friends" they are yours if you want em. whats a fair price? do you have any chewing gum? will pm you.

Were you able to get the hub caps cleaned up and put on?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.